By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple's Siri dumps Google in favour of Microsoft's Bing in iOS 7

pretty big.. cause Apple devices owns the mobile web usage.. (important for advertising)

...except I don't use Siri.. can't say out loud: "Siri find the nearest hooker"

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

That's pretty crazy, so we wont even have a choice. I've haven't used Siri enough on my iPhone but I prefer Google as a search engine. This should be big for Bing.

^_^

that is because Google as a competitor is already to big; and they dont want to make it bigger. Meanwhile M$ as competitor in the smartphones and tablet is quite weak right now.

skeezer said:
That's pretty crazy, so we wont even have a choice. I've haven't used Siri enough on my iPhone but I prefer Google as a search engine. This should be big for Bing.

I suspect that you'll be able to select Google in settings, or perhaps even ask by name (Siri, search Google for...), Bing will just be the default.

It means Microsoft was willing to pay more money than Google for default Siri integration. I'm wondering if that goes for Safari as well.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I've gotten 20 dollars in Amazon gift cards for using Bing in the last few months. Bing is pretty cool. Google never gave me free gift cards.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash