By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Kitami Reika said:
G&W is incredibly hard to fight. I can't believe I even won a single match against it. That's the first time in months I beat one.

Fred, you stated cathing on to my play style. Nice! I got a cool spike combo off against you though.

Yeah I was quite impressed at that spike combo. All I wanted to do is use my f-air because you were at very high percentage but you pushed me off stage and then used your d-air and that stock was gone.

Spiking is so fun, yesterday I spiked Hell's G&W with Kirby's d-air so low below the stage that we almost didn't see it anymore but then I had enough jumps left to get back to the stage safely.

On another subject, I really like the Ice Climbers but it just seems that their recovery sucks terribly. To the point that I'm thinking that I must be missing something. When off the stage I use their Up-B if I'm close enough to the stage and if I'm far away and high enough I use Side-B to cover horizontal distance but what can I do if I'm too far to Up-B but not high enough to Side-B? Anybody know some trick I don't? Is there a way I can get the Side-B to go upwards (like Luigi's tornado)?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Ice Climbers are almost always better off using their Up+B recovery. 

Their Side+B is pretty awful for recovery unless you're well above the stage.

i am currently learning the IC grab techniques...pretty crazy how you can just take someone's stock with them immediately!

chriscox1121 said:
i am currently learning the IC grab techniques...pretty crazy how you can just take someone's stock with them immediately!

IC are stronger than people give them credit for.  The smash-grab is an excellent way of dealing damage and getting an easy KO at higher percentages.

Any one want to play? I am free for a bit.

Smash ID: Jski - 0559-6620-9873

Add me if you wish but PM me if you do.

Around the Network

I'm interested.

ALso I miss playing with everyone.
When has Tao, Luin, WoW, B4L, etc been playing? T_T

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

iclim4 said:
I'm interested.

You didn't mention me but I was playing yesterday! Where were YOU?

Signature goes here!

@ brayn and icli you guys are laggly and do not realy play ffa you team up on me a lot.

Smash ID: Jski - 0559-6620-9873

Add me if you wish but PM me if you do.

Guess who got banned in Italy?

Italians must be really bad at facing MKs to officialy ban him...

TruckOSaurus said:
iclim4 said:
I'm interested.

You didn't mention me but I was playing yesterday! Where were YOU?

So far my playing has just been nightly duels with Luin.

I've actually discovered that my worst character is now Marth so I'll be playing him more. 

I've also discovered that Luin's antithesis is Pikachu (who can regularly 3 stock any of Luin's characters).