By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

I can't get this wave dashing to work right!

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

My mashmellow sux soo much i cant do his F grab into F air and then F grab agen! Also i cant get his back air to work too well when floting i get tured arone a lot. Other then that i can seem to ko with his F smash and down smash well.

Smash ID: Jski - 0559-6620-9873

Add me if you wish but PM me if you do.

Lots of fun tonight guys. I am glad we all took turns dominating matches. ^_^ My Lucas ruled you all on Lylat Cruise. :) Fun times. The lag was pretty bad at times, but other than that it was a great night.

Riot Of The Blood said:
I can't get this wave dashing to work right!

It's kind of supposed to be like a simultaneous press. Hit jump and air dodge one right after the other almost instantly while holding a direction. Some characters its barely noticeable, use Luigi to practice that if you have him as its easiest to notice if your doing it right with him.

Jski, Kirby's chaingrab is F-throw to U-air, not F-air. It also only works on fast fallers like Fox, Falco, Wolf, Sheik, Bowser, and Cpt. Falcon.

My Creations in Modnation Racers! Check zhem!
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/IvoYaridovich/creations

@ WoW; Thanks. Also your Samus was great. Don't really know much about her but I was feeling pretty pressured during the match :)

@ Jski; I believe it is Foward grab/throw to u-air :P The second grab only works on a few characters so you do a F-smash if they can escape it.

@ Riot; Just keep practicing :P You'll be doing it like a pro... eventually. It helps to practice diagonally air dogding at the peak of a short hop then doing it at shorter parts of your jump till you're doing wavedashes.

Around the Network

holy crap... It's working... Sometimes.

I need to become a melee master by the 16th.this games is kinda hard.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
holy crap... It's working... Sometimes.

I need to become a melee master by the 16th.this games is kinda hard.

Wouldn't have survived 7 years if it were easy now would it? Don't forget the shield in Melee has 2 powers to it depending on how hard you push down the button, and its directional so you can block certain attacks that may have poked otherwise. Grabs are harder to break in melee as well, abuse the grab jabs and grabs in general.

My Creations in Modnation Racers! Check zhem!
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/IvoYaridovich/creations

Cool all this time I had Tap jump on which made it harder for me to arrow loop and I could still do it it :P now I turn it off and it is much easier that just prove how awesome I am.

twilit said:
@ WoW; Thanks. Also your Samus was great. Don't really know much about her but I was feeling pretty pressured during the match :)

Seemed like it.  I was hoping I could 3 stock you during the first couple kills.  My Samus had your Snake over 90% damage before you hit her the first time!  ^_^

What is wave dashing even for? I'm thinking about just not bothering with it.