By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Awww no one is on now? I think i am going to give up on the idea of trying to play at a "torment" level i am never going to go to one its just not who i am. So i will play lower chaters and try my best with them but have fun at the same time i hope hehe.

Smash ID: Jski - 0559-6620-9873

Add me if you wish but PM me if you do.

Around the Network

@Jski

Being a scrub is never fun... I don't see how you will have fun just playing around when you will just get destroyed. I say keep practicing and trying to win. That's the only fun that can come out of this game.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

You do not get it riot the only way to win is to be cheep or in that play in a cheep way because that how every one else plays here. Every game devolves down to dodges smash dodges smash at a point because you guys only try for kill shot when you have put up dmg on the person. I practices by playing ppl online because if you want to be good online you have to be able to good at playing with lag and every one dose lag it just very from person to person. I do not take being called a scrub lightly i dare you to play some one else who is not top tear try link zss samies ganly etc.. not meta or marth. O yes been looking riot what name are you going by now you keep changing it so its kinda hard to keep track who you are.

Jski said:
You do not get it riot the only way to win is to be cheep or in that play in a cheep way because that how every one else plays here. Every game devolves down to dodges smash dodges smash at a point because you guys only try for kill shot when you have put up dmg on the person. I practices by playing ppl online because if you want to be good online you have to be able to good at playing with lag and every one dose lag it just very from person to person. I do not take being called a scrub lightly i dare you to play some one else who is not top tear try link zss samies ganly etc.. not meta or marth. O yes been looking riot what name are you going by now you keep changing it so its kinda hard to keep track who you are.

i do not play cheap for the record.  i don't ever spam smash attack with my main.  outside of downsmash and thats only because of rolls.  Samus can't kill till 135% and thats only down tilt. unless you get a spike or someone is close to edge.  Also, samus has appeared on alot of tier list as bottom tier or low tier.  i've never even seen her rank high low tier.  BTW no offense taking...just clarifying.

Riot Of The Blood said:
my cousin is not to good online. He's not really use to playing online, and ends up doing crazy stuff.

Does Marth not have good priority or something? Why are my attacks always clanking with others? I know for a fact Marth attacks are disjointed. But when I hit something like DK's foot from his dash attack or Fox's foot from his down smash, the attacks clank and cancle each other out. Wtf is that? Niether of those attacks are disjointed but mines is! I should out prioritize them. What gives?

Disjointed doesn't automatically mean priority. Dedede's F-smash can be clanked by a few attacks (though not many) like Kirby's U-smash. Clanking means the priority or two attacks checked equal. If the priority is higher, it cancels out the hitbox of the lower priority attack and continues on its way.

In the air, priority doesn't exist and its only about range (excluding special attacks, which still have priority checks). Disjointed wins in the air and at the worst trades hits unless you miss.

Jski, I beat you with Kirby (Middle), Pikachu(Middle), and Pokemon Trainer(Low/Bottom), so you can hardly even try to pull the tier card with me. When your game devolves down into Smash Spam and roll dodges I destroy you, so that is certainly not the way to win.

Dare I also mention you shouldn't be pulling the tier card anyway? All tiers currently are hypothetical and based mostly on theory. For all we know, a mind blowing tech that instantly OHKOs Snake or Meta Knight is still hidden somewhere for everyone. Hell, Kirby and Meta Knight already have a OHKO technique against a Snake dumb enough to allow it to happen.

You do NOT have to play cheap to win.

My Creations in Modnation Racers! Check zhem!
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/IvoYaridovich/creations

Around the Network

just got done playing this guy online and he kept on winning cause of the major lag and then kept on taunting....you just got owned....lol....i love when people think they are good in lagging matches. Samus is a killer to play in lag and almost unbearable. sighs...o well

like my good old friend mario said.. tiers are for the queers!

Hells75 said:
like my good old friend mario said.. tiers are for the queers!

Which I why I wuv them so. :p Also, don't forget: Tires don exits!

Seriously though, in friendlies tiers matter little, and in competitive play they can be outdone by skill. The only thing it actually says is "This character has more advantageous match ups then someone below him". Tiers don't mean "This character wins against anyone below him".

If tiers meant the latter, Pikachu would roll over and die against Snake.

My Creations in Modnation Racers! Check zhem!
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/IvoYaridovich/creations

fun matches jski

Ya i am reluring how to play smash trying to stop charging at ppl and do more tilts but its weard things did happen in that fight. It seems that any thing that is stronger then zss air attk will hit the enter person same thing for the wip before it is all the way out. Any way i doth i am every going to a torment its just not who i am (i do not want a major gole in my life to be getting really good at a game) i need to work on falco seeing how zss not realy a good torment type may be zelda is good in torments too i do not know any ideals?