By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Hey Riot, I have time for one match before I go to sleep... want to? ^^

Or anyone? ^^

And IvoYarido, I added you :D 

Around the Network

does anyone play with capton falcon please say no,so atleast i can have the best capton falcon

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I have triumphed over Olimar! My third most evil match up against Dedede.

Seriously though, please don't do another 13 stock match with me. I'm the kind of person that despises monotony >.> 13s a bit too much X.x

My Creations in Modnation Racers! Check zhem!
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/IvoYaridovich/creations

been watching m2k's marth a lot lately to improve my own, and I noticed marth sword was hax long. If it were still that long, he'd be the cheapest character in the game LOL. I'm trying to do a lot of the same stuff he does, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong or if you just can't do it in this game.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Don't try Melee combos in Brawl. Melee attacks had a lot of hit stun compared to Brawls. It's impossible to do a lot of the combos Melee had in Brawl due to how easily they're DIed out of and/or air dodged.

Around the Network

Marth is probably one of the better combo characters in brawl. Sure, you can escape them, but it really hard to do so. It's one of the reasons I have been using him more and more. He combos and punishes a lot better than metaknight does, and I don't die upwards super easily with him.

My 3 worst match ups with my main, metaknight, are dk, snake and fox. Marth does somewhat decently against them. My biggest problem with marth right now is DDD. I swear to god he's not nearly that hard with metaknight.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

That's because Meta Knight has everything Dedede hates. He can lock Dedede down and all of Dedede's "Get the hell away from me" attacks aren't fast enough to shove Meta Knight off him. Due to his size, Meta Knight is also too short to get hit by up-tilts hitbox while standing on the ground in front of Dedede.

In the air, Dedede is still outclassed by Meta Knight due to f-air being slow as hell and b-air being out ranged. Dedede doesn't do well against fast multi hit attacks. Dedede also is the slowest moving character in the air (horizontally anyway) and that makes him easy to target by Meta Knight with up-b or aerials.

Meta Knight is Dedede's hardest match up. =/

According to people I've talked to at tournaments, Snake is Marth's hardest match up followed by Dedede.

is there any actuall differences between marth and Roy? They seem to be the exact same thing.

Speed, sweet spots, launch from attacks, and specials are their only differences. Melee clones were truly clones with minor differences =/

Pichu was the worst though. It was Pikachu's almost exact copy except, every attack that used electricity caused it to damage itself whether it hit or not.

Edit: Thanks for dealing with my Pikachu Shea, I've been looking for someone to replace R.O.B. and since Ganon and Bowser aren't really covering any weaknesses for me I've been playing with Pika. Hope I was within reasonable limits of spam =p

Chaingrab from Pika vs. Fox = Rawr! XD

I didn't know that Pikachu had a chaingrab. 0 to 80% on Fox and I could not escape!  Your Pikachu took out all of my characters?!! That little thing is a monster.  Spamming doesn't really bother me. 

Third member of the Sonic Support Squad.  Member of the Fierce Fox Force.

Click Sonic for my main Youtube channel :D