By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS4 will outsell XBoxOne 2-to-1 in the US and 3-to-1 globally this year.

If the PS4 launches before the XBONE it might be possible, otherwise probably not.

^_^

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:

they didn't need to show any games.  People were actually chanting Sony after that used games announcement.  I've never heard that at E3.  I mean this was just absolute annihilation.  They seriously could've had a 1 minute conference for that and the price and left and they would have won.  Everything else was just gravy.

I agree...partially.  The pro used games and more importantly (for me) no need for online made me give a standing ovation.  The games will come, the policies sealed the deal as to my purchasing decision.

Ajax said:
Impossible this year.
Even if the demand would be there, Sony can't deliver that many more consoles than MS can.
So for this to be possible the Xbox One must not sell well at all in december while the PS4 is sold out.
Don't see that happening.

yeah maybe should be changed to "within the first year" as in 12 months from launch of both.  Unless PS4 launches before One which opens up new possibilities.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

It's going to draw Sony closer in the US, I have no doubt, but I still see the XO winning most weeks. A lot of Xbox gamers already have this mindset that online will always be better on an Xbox console. I talked to a guy a few days ago, a coworker, who expressed interest in the PS4, with his main concern being that "Xbox online kills Sony, it will be a lot better."

And if not it will help push Sony in the right direction.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

Around the Network

The used games issue won't be that big of a deal in the US but the $399 vs $499 is huge. I don't want a PS4 because honestly the games didn't look that great to me but I'm canceling my preorder for the Xbox. I'm not getting either console for a long time. I'll be gaming on PC.

uh... 

HesAPooka said:
Hmmm not sure about that. If Sony can even match Xbox sales in the states it would be a huge victory. Their global numbers will crush Xbox, but sales in the US will still favor Microsoft.

I really do not think one gen of dominating in the US means it has to continue in the Us. Just look at Nintendo's rise and Sony's fall from last gen here. The industry leaders can change rapidly and I think it is short sighted, and a simple easy guess to say MS forever controls the Us market. The price difference is huge.

How about no. The Xbox brand is quite strong in the US.But elsewhere, it's going to be a bloodbath

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
chocoloco said:
HesAPooka said:
Hmmm not sure about that. If Sony can even match Xbox sales in the states it would be a huge victory. Their global numbers will crush Xbox, but sales in the US will still favor Microsoft.

I really do not think one gen of dominating in the US means it has to continue in the Us. Just look at Nintendo's rise and Sony's fall from last gen here. The industry leaders can change rapidly and I think it is short sighted and a simple easy guess to say MS forever controls the Us market. 

You bring up a good point. I honestly don't know what will happen in the US with PS4 vs Xbone, but based on the huge advantage Xbone had this last gen if Sony were to Tie Microsft in sales in the US they would consider it a huge victory.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.