By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One vs Playstation 4: Rate the exclusives!

I thought it would be an interesting idea to rate all the exclusive titles announced so far of each system for their potential to push systems. At the end off the day you should then get two totals that you can compare, that will show what systems has the edge

You can give the exclusives depending on their importance to the sales of the system. So it's not about if you like the game yourself, but how much it will boost the hardware sales. You can give a game between 1-10, with 1 point being ''just a game'' to 10 points for a absolute system seller, for example a GTA exclusive.  Also make sure your rating is proportional to other games in the list, for example Dead Rising 3 can be a really good game but it's never going to push as many systems as Halo. Also a game like Halo can be more important to system sales than 2-3 other games combined.

The interesting thing about this is that while one system might have more exclusives than the other, the other system could still get the edge because the exclusives are bigger.

I will start it off:

Xbox One Exclusives:
Quantum Break

Knack
Halo
Killzone: Shadowfall
Ryse
Infamous: Second son
Forza 5
Driveclub
Kinect Sports Rivals
Media Modicule move game
Max: The Curse of the brotherhood

Sunset Overdrive

D4

What lies below

Killer Instinct

Project Spark

Dead Rising 3

Black Tusk project

Titanfall

Crimson Dragon

Xbox One total points:
Playstation 4 total points:

Xbox One is clearly in the lead right now and Playstation 4 needs some massive games if it's going to win. I also don't know if Deep Down and The Witness are PS4 exclusive. Though two or three big games form Naughty Dog and Santa Monica studios would close the gap pretty fast. I will update the list after Sony's conference.

Around the Network

we don't have a list of ALL the playstation exclusives yet, this thread should have been made after Sony's E3, edit just seen that your gonna edit the list after the Sony conference.

Bradford City Fan for life

Recent favourite games: Ni No Kuni, Fifa 13, Batman Arkham City

Best games of all time: Pokemon Red, Dragon Warrior 3, The last of us, Uncharted 2 and 3

3ds friend code add me: 1950-8131-6814

PSN ID: Mr_Vezzo_Khanny - add to start a clan in the last of us mutiplayer

I think it'd be wise to wait for Sony's conference first.

I don't really like either side so far... I like games that are multiplat I guess.

Think you are seriously underestimating Killer Instinct. There has not ben one since 1995 and it helped to sell Snes. I think it sold something like 4m copies which is more then any Killzone game.

If all that was announced today was KI then I would of got one just for that.

Around the Network
avais1993 said:

we don't have a list of ALL the playstation exclusives yet, this thread should have been made after Sony's E3, edit just seen that your gonna edit the list after the Sony conference.

You can fill in the list and just update it after Sony's conference. Those can also influence ratings of games already announced. For example if they announce a new Resistance game and another big fps, that could make Killzone slightly less important.

AnthonyW86 said:
avais1993 said:

You can fill in the list and just update it after Sony's conference. Those can also influence ratings of games already announced. For example if they announce a new Resistance game and another big fps, that could make Killzone slightly less important.

Thats fine but what makes you think Quantum Break is going to move a lot of consoles?

Bradford City Fan for life

Recent favourite games: Ni No Kuni, Fifa 13, Batman Arkham City

Best games of all time: Pokemon Red, Dragon Warrior 3, The last of us, Uncharted 2 and 3

3ds friend code add me: 1950-8131-6814

PSN ID: Mr_Vezzo_Khanny - add to start a clan in the last of us mutiplayer

Hyruken said:

Think you are seriously underestimating Killer Instinct. There has not ben one since 1995 and it helped to sell Snes. I think it sold something like 4m copies which is more then any Killzone game.

If all that was announced today was KI then I would of got one just for that.

Yeah i thought i changed that, i have got it at 5 now.  But i think it's one of those games that only the older generation will really want and they will probably only pick it up if they are getting a Xbox One anyway.

avais1993 said:
AnthonyW86 said:
avais1993 said:

Thats fine but what makes you think Quantum Break is going to move a lot of consoles?

When i watched the trailer i kind of got a spark of interest, something i usely get when i hear or see something new like a really cool new gadget or invention. I have a feeling that it will bring a few very interesting new gameplay elements and it could be bigger than the first Max Payne.

Once again, Ubisoft is killing it.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?