By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Will "The Purge" be the biggest surprise hit of the year?

so, north korea would be allowed to invade usa and leave before the day is over? since all the soldiers would have something else to do on that day (at home for their family) there would be nobody defending the country lol.

Around the Network

Universal is having a great year in general all their movies have done very good business at the box office so far and the trend will continue with Despicable Me 2. "R.I.P.D", "2Guns" and even "Rush" looks interesting even though I barely follow F1 racing.

spurgeonryan said:
richardhutnik said:
spurgeonryan said:

Nah, a billion is for megablockbusters. A box office hit is based more on if it wins its first weekend, how long it does well, how much it actuall makes, etc.

100 million will be killer for a 3 million dollar movie. Not many films make it to a billion. They are still huge hits.

It is possible The Purge could end up rethinking things.  I can also see a larger budget for a sequel and the world of the Purge be looked at further.

Like Paranormal activity before it, I think the sequels budget will not be much more.

Purge lends to a larger budget. I fail to see how Paranormal Activity could lend to a larger budget.