By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: New info about Destiny of Spirits – PS4 exclusive by From Software

Dgc1808 said:
Great news but I'm confused as to why Vita Remote-Play is a bullet point. Isn't that supposed to be a feature for any game that doesn't need a camera?

the bigger the reason to mention it. Its a selling point.

Around the Network

I hope this rumor is true. Perhaps this is the reason Miyazaki didn't return to direct Dark Souls II. In any case, this is potentially great news for everyone who enjoyed Demon's Souls (one of my favorites this generation).

Dgc1808 said:
Great news but I'm confused as to why Vita Remote-Play is a bullet point. Isn't that supposed to be a feature for any game that doesn't need a camera?

True. Maybe they just really wanted to emphasize that, as a Demon's Souls-esque game for Vita has been highly desired. Maybe its more than that, and is actually Cross-Buy?! Would prefer that much more because I don't have an internet connection everywhere, but would want this for sure :D

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

I've been hearing about this for a while, but it was dubbed 'Demon's Souls 2'. I have a strong feeling this is true, and I am more than ready to jump aboard. It seems to have a better placed story as opposed to it simply being tacked on. I fully welcome that.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

You get my attention now... so excited.

Keyword "NEXUS" is back... finally a Demon's Souls sucessor... this is the best news for PS4 and the first game will make I buy a PS4 at launch.

Demon's Souls >>>>> Dark Souls.

Picture for OP.

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
I am definitely excited for this. To be honest, Dark Souls isn't cutting it story wise for me. Its missing that Demon's Souls flair that made me fall in love. I hope this is a more direct Sequel to the DeS series rather than be similar to Dark. Sounds great from what is stated tho. Guess we can add another great game to Sony's PS4 roster. HYPE!!!!

Same here! Thoug I have like 500 hours of Dark Souls, the story and characters are no where near as awsome as Demon's Souls.

I hope this is true, but if it's similar to the Souls series wouldn't that be strange since it seems like it's going to be just like them with co-op and invading (haunting). 

More like Demons souls less like Dark Soul

Sony registred the name in US last month...

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn85887205&docId=FTK20130329074012#docIndex=1&page=1

ethomaz said:

You get my attention now... so excited.

Keyword "NEXUS" is back... finally a Demon's Souls sucessor... this is the best news for PS4 and the first game will make I buy a PS4 at launch.

Demon's Souls >>>>> Dark Souls.

Picture for OP.

Unless it is going to be radically different than Demon's it should just be called Demon's Souls 2. Maybe Sony is just using "Destiny of Spirits" as a code name for it. It would be strange for them to make a DeS2 when they just announced Dark Souls 2 not too long ago.

Better yet, they need to come up with an all incompassing name like "Final Fantasy" or "Tales of" where the games embody a certain theme but are not directly connected. You can't just keep making spiritual Successors to the same game line without having them be connected by brand, it is wasted advertising potential. 

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Well, it depends on how different From Software is planning to make the game, both from a narrative and gameplay perspective. From the details in the OP, it seems like it will have a bigger multiplayer component, and it may be a good idea to start fresh with a new world, characters, and story.