By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One: Microsoft Doing “Reputation Management” For Negative Criticism?

Busted said:

LMAO!!! this made my day!!!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
yo_john117 said:
This doesn't surprise me a bit. As far as I know, plenty of companies do this type of thing all the time.

True, it's not surprising, but that doesn't make it any less disgusting.

Today Microsoft lost me as a customer.

Have you ever been their customer?

I LOVE ICELAND!

OT:
It's pretty obvious that they are doing this.

People should have realized that viral marketing was rampant a long time ago. That nobody has linked it to the terms "hardcore" and "casual" gaming popping up as soon as the Wii got popular is baffling though.

I LOVE ICELAND!

RolStoppable said:
yo_john117 said:
This doesn't surprise me a bit. As far as I know, plenty of companies do this type of thing all the time.

True, it's not surprising, but that doesn't make it any less disgusting.

Today Microsoft lost me as a customer.

This was funny the first 3 times you said it

yo_john117 said:

Yeah, I'm sure many of our favorites have done it. But Microsoft is the one getting exposed. They really can't catch a break as its negative news piled on top of more negative news lately.

Question for mods: Would someone like this be banned from the forum? I mean defending even the most disgusting business practices and policies is annoying, whether you are being paid or not.

Around the Network

Is the stock answer from Xbox fans going to be 'everyone will get it' or 'everyone does it' from now on?

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Is the stock answer from Xbox fans going to be 'everyone will get it' or 'everyone does it' from now on?

Accuse someone of doing it on this forum at your own risk. I'm wondering what the mods policies are on this type of behavior.

Somini said:
yo_john117 said:

Corporations manipulate us all the time huh :(

Microsoft aside it's just sad that this is possible. But you can't really stop it i guess.

This is not exactly the same, but you have companies here, The Netherlands, that buy almost half the tickets of popular events only to sell them back to you through their own website for 4x times the original price. It's fucked up!

Yep, the vast majority of corporations and companies will do just about anything for the end result of money. I believe that many would sacrifice human lives (and I'm sure many have) just to get profits.

VGKing said:
yo_john117 said:

Yeah, I'm sure many of our favorites have done it. But Microsoft is the one getting exposed. They really can't catch a break as its negative news piled on top of more negative news lately.

Question for mods: Would someone like this be banned from the forum? I mean defending even the most disgusting business practices and policies is annoying, whether you are being paid or not.

I'm sure if we ever found anyone like that they would be banned. However, It's really difficult to prove that someone is doing that.

Also in regards to your other post, we do moderate people that claim others are a person like that.

i think this sort of thing is incredibly dishonest. i don't mind if the poster is open about their position but FUD imo id despicable.

..but everyone does it.