By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Believe DriveClub Will Outsell Forza 5. And You?

Tagged games:

Maybe this will help the comparisson for some;

Forza Motorsport 4 sold 3.96 Million LTD Versus Motorstorm's 3.77 Million sold LTD.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
sales2099 said:

That's the problem......your thought process isn't appropriate. You have to filter out your raw thoughts before you type them in here. Saying KZ and LBP are low is also an insult.

Saying KZ is low compared to Halo 4 is fair....Forza is low compared to GT is fair........but saying their sales are low in their own right is an insult to the IP and the developer.

Sorry. I don't mean that in a form to insult any IP or developer... I loved Killzone and LittleBigPlanet but there had low sales

Define "low".

ethomaz said:
sales2099 said:

That's the problem......your thought process isn't appropriate. You have to filter out your raw thoughts before you type them in here. Saying KZ and LBP are low is also an insult.

Saying KZ is low compared to Halo 4 is fair....Forza is low compared to GT is fair........but saying their sales are low in their own right is an insult to the IP and the developer.

Sorry. I don't mean that in a form to insult any IP or developer... I loved Killzone and LittleBigPlanet but there had low sales

lol they aren't low.......stop comparing everything to GT sales (subconsciously?). Change the OP then, the other parts that are stealth trolling.

Forza improved a ton this gen, since Forza 1 only broke 1 million. 2-4 million per iteration is just false since each mainline one is around 4 million, with 3 at 5.3 million.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Somini said:
Maybe this will help the comparisson for some;

Forza Motorsport 4 sold 3.96 Million LTD Versus Motorstorm's 3.77 Million sold LTD.

F2 is more appropriate, but even that broke 4 million.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

no way, Forza is a well known franchise

Around the Network

eh, probably not. ..unless ps4 is outselling xbone by at least a 2:1 ratio which i don't think is likely.

sales2099 said:

This is why you got banned.....saying 2-4 million is "low" is an insult to Forza and every IP that struggles to break 1 million. Low compared to GT, but this isn't about Forza vs GT, so saying its "low" is a form of trolling.

2-4 million? Last I checked every mainline Forza this gen is 4 million +. With Forza 3 over 5 million.

Didn't grow? Comapred to last gen Forza 1 selling 1 million........are you kidding me? Forza 3 having so-so sales? 5.3 million is so-so now?

OT: Forza games have legs and are then bundled. Unless Drive Club is bundled, it will loose out IMO

For the sake of discussion, let's assume Forza isn't a low selling series. Fair enough...but even if someone did say Forza is a low series, that wouldn't be trolling or insulting to the developers. It would just be an incorrect analysis of the sales, nothing more. It's not against the rules to be wrong by any means. It's not insulting the developers because he doesn't make any assertions about the developer's character, quality, etc. He's making an observation on how the market received the game.

This type of post really disappointments me, Sales2099. If he really is wrong, why can't you just prove him wrong without baseless accusations of trolling.

Moreover, in the context of his post, you couldn't even make the argument that he is wrong, because he isn't saying Forza's sales are absolutely low; he's saying they're relatively low compared to what Driveclub will sell. Nothing offensive, insulting, or even incorrect (yet) about that statement. It's just an ambitious prediction.

sniper989 said:
no way Forza is a well known franchise

Please give reasonability at least a small chance. Of course it is - it is well known by gamers. It's bundled a lot, it already had 4 iterations, in Germany the free-play-stations always have Forza installed, it has quite good sales... This is like saying Killzone is not a well-known franchise (while I think it's not so well-known like Forza).

ethomaz said:

I think Drive Club will sell close to 5 million lifetime... Forza games sells below that and in a new console I can't see more too.

Launch games hardly ever sell close to 5 million copies especially launch games of a unproven franchise.

walsufnir said:
sniper989 said:
no way Forza is a well known franchise

Please give reasonability at least a small chance. Of course it is - it is well known by gamers. It's bundled a lot, it already had 4 iterations, in Germany the free-play-stations always have Forza installed, it has quite good sales... This is like saying Killzone is not a well-known franchise (while I think it's not so well-known like Forza).

I think you read that wrong:

"No way, Forza is a well known franchise"

is how I read it.  Since he was answering the question in the title.