By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Believe DriveClub Will Outsell Forza 5. And You?

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:

Chris Hu said:

Its a lot higher for Forza 6 especially since there is no colletors edition this time I will more then likely buy it digital which will be my first Forza game I bought digital.

It won't.

Gamers pefer physical over digital... that won't change this generation.

Digital is really low compared with digital... you can see in the companies reports... that is just a myth created to excuse less than expected sales.

Well I already know a lot of people that are buying it digital instead of physical and I don't even know that many people.  A lot of people are getting the most expensive digital version since it grands you early access to the game.

Around the Network

Chris Hu said:

Well I already know a lot of people that are buying it digital instead of physical and I don't even know that many people.  A lot of people are getting the most expensive digital version since it grands you early access to the game.

Your and my groups are a minority exception because we are gamers that read news online, go to gaming communities, etc... we are hardcore.

Most people didn't do that.

There is a lot of reports showing digital is slow growing but it is less than 20% of overall sales.

Only on PC you have almost 90% coming from digital... console are still over 80% retail sales.

ethomaz said:

Chris Hu said:

Its a lot higher for Forza 6 especially since there is no colletors edition this time I will more then likely buy it digital which will be my first Forza game I bought digital.

It won't.

Gamers pefer physical over digital... that won't change this generation.

Digital is really low compared with digital... you can see in the companies reports... that is just a myth created to excuse less than expected sales.

This is just completely false.  I am guessing nearly half of Titanfall's sales were digital.  But, like you, I have no way of knowing for sure.  If 20% is digital, well thats a pretty large increase in total sales.  

Digital sales are expected to grow.  This is how PC started with its transition into digital.  I can goto my friend's place and download a digital game I bought to his XBO, install it, login and play.  Wala he now has access to the game on his machine  on his account even when I am not there and am not on that game.  Just too much of an advantage.  Another one is being able to play right at midnight, people don't want to wait in line for the new CoD.   Digital sales will continue to grow.

Congrats dc on beating a game on its 5th iteration. Great game, the lenghts people twist facts to support their bias.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Sharpryno said:

This is just completely false.  I am guessing nearly half of Titanfall's sales were digital.  But, like you, I have no way of knowing for sure.  If 20% is digital, well thats a pretty large increase in total sales. 

Digital sales are expected to grow.  This is how PC started with its transition into digital.  I can goto my friend's place and download a digital game I bought to his XBO, install it, login and play.  Wala he now has access to the game on his machine  on his account even when I am not there and am not on that game.  Just too much of an advantage.  Another one is being able to play right at midnight, people don't want to wait in line for the new CoD.   Digital sales will continue to grow.

It is not even close to that unless you count PC lol

Digital sales at 15-20% is optimistics and most for online only games... it is less than 10% for others games.

People are dreaming digital sales is that high on consoles.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Sharpryno said:

Digital sales at 15-20% is optimistics and most for online only games... it is less than 10% for others games.

I honestly think you'd be suprised.  I have about 10 AAA games on my XBO and bought them digitally.  People I know who game on XBO only buy digitally.  I just see no reason to buy physical.  edit: oh i forgot, a lot of the cheap console gamers like to sell their games and hurt devs by doing so, I forgot. 

MS is still working on including a free digital title with a physical purchase as thats how the XBO was intended to work, but until then digital sales will continue to climb.  

DonFerrari said:
Congrats dc on beating a game on its 5th iteration. Great game, the lenghts people twist facts to support their bias.

You're literally doing what you are complaining about.  

"Congrats dc on being close to par with a game on its 5th iteration with about half the playerbase for the console it is on"  FTFY

Sharpryno said:
ethomaz said:

Sharpryno said:

I honestly think you'd be suprised.  I have about 10 AAA games on my XBO and bought them digitally.  People I know who game on XBO only buy digitally.  I just see no reason to buy physical.  edit: oh i forgot, a lot of the cheap console gamers like to sell their games and hurt devs by doing so, I forgot. 

MS is still working on including a free digital title with a physical purchase as thats how the XBO was intended to work, but until then digital sales will continue to climb.  

DonFerrari said:

You're literally doing what you are complaining about.  

"Congrats dc on being close to par with a game on its 5th iteration with about half the playerbase for the console it is on"  FTFY

That would be been a similar case then with PS4, but from Watch Dog's sales on each platform we know its not even close to 50%. It was at just above 10% on XB1 and just below 10% on PS4 (which btw had a bundle which is counted as retail sales) so digital sales aren't taht high.

If anything Driveclub would benefit more from digital sales due to the upgrade option from PS+ edition and it being a multiplayer-centric game.

lol. Predict that DC will outsell F5: "you don't know that. DC isn't even that good. Just wait and see"

DC outsells F5: "well, it's irrelevant anyway. PS4 has a bigger userbase".

I guarantee the same people pulling that flip flop will be the first to say how much a PS4 exclusive game "sucks" if a comparable XBOne exclusive outsells it. "It couldn't even outsell Game X and the PS4 has triple the userbase!".

Seems like people forget that despite the WiiU having sold <10M has games that have outsold some PS4 games, and nobody bats an eye about its userbase. It just speaks to the quality of said games. But when PS4 games sell well? "Oh, it's only because it has a high userbase". FOH

Interestingly enough it is possible, cause the first thing I thought to myself, okay what are Forzas sales, and I've always known that they've been low around the 2-4m range, so it's possible.

Oh dang, Driveclub spanked Forza.

Gran Turismo gonna put in work too whenever it gets here. Microsoft will never get to be top dog in the racing market at this rate. Oh well.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!