By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - TLOU has 85 PERFECT SCORES out of 137 REVIEWS

Tagged games:

Th3PANO said:
CGI-Quality said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Currently it has 95,37 % on on Gamerankings and 96 on Metacritic.
Impressive scores. I was worried that this would be more of a interactive movie than a game, but it do seems that Naughty Dog found the perfect balance between gameplay and storytelling. I´m definetely buying this.

Will it beat Super Mario Galaxy 2 (on Gamerankings) and GTAIV (on Metacritic) as the highest score ?

Nah, won't beat those two, but it doesn't need to.

Ocarina of Time is the best ranked game as far as i know with 99

yet TLoU has more perfect reviews then OoT has reviews

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Th3PANO said:
CGI-Quality said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Impressive scores. I was worried that this would be more of a interactive movie than a game, but it do seems that Naughty Dog found the perfect balance between gameplay and storytelling. I´m definetely buying this.

Will it beat Super Mario Galaxy 2 (on Gamerankings) and GTAIV (on Metacritic) as the highest score ?

Doesn't mean a thing. the last of us never had 99 with 22 reviews. Back then there weren't tons of magazines and gaming websites reviewing everything they can find. If it would be so easy to get a score this high with "only" 22 or so reviews more games would have reached it.

bananaking21 said:
Th3PANO said:
CGI-Quality said:
Rogerioandrade said:

You can't compare the two, the gaming community has evolved since then and so has metacritic. It would be a fair comparison if OoT wasn't 15 years older than The Last of Us.

CGI-Quality said:

I have Enslaved, agreed: underrated, but The Last Of Us, seemingly, adds a bit of depth that it was missing. I'd actually compare Enslaved to Uncharted and Tomb Raider before it, in fact.

A game that makes excisting gameplay elements deeper doesn't deserve the name "Game of the Gen" or "Game of the Decade".

Th3PANO said:
CGI-Quality said:

I have Enslaved, agreed: underrated, but The Last Of Us, seemingly, adds a bit of depth that it was missing. I'd actually compare Enslaved to Uncharted and Tomb Raider before it, in fact.

A game that makes excisting gameplay elements deeper doesn't deserve the name "Game of the Gen" or "Game of the Decade".

And why not? Are we going to say that only a game that brings a truly new aspect to gaming should be called the best game? Well sorry to burst that bubble, but nothing is original anymore. Everything is borrowed from somewhere. How they implement these ideas is how a game should be judged, and The Last of Us is implementing the idea of survival at all costs in a way deeper than anyone has done as of yet.

I wouldn't go as far to say that The Last of Us is the "Game of the Gen" or "Game of the Decade", but it would be equally naive to rule it out because you don't trust the hype. Wait until we play the game to judge it. Until then I will praise it for what it is, and you will vilify it for what it isn't.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Th3PANO said:

Adam Sessler said the TLOU was so dark and gloomy and so survival driven that he and his partner playing the game had to walk out of the room and appreciate the world outside as it is before coming back to the game. Thats how much it affected them. It makes you think. You truly kill for survival and not for fun at all.

CGI-Quality said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Adam Sessler said the TLOU was so dark and gloomy and so survival driven that he and his partner playing the game had to walk out of the room and appreciate the world outside as it is before coming back to the game. Thats how much it affected them. It makes you think. You truly kill for survival and not for fun at all.

I have a feeling, given I'm one of the biggest advocates for these types of games, that my experience with it will be one that rivals what I felt with Heavy Rain. That's no easy feat, and it won't be for 3EYOND either.

Yeah, he recommended that you don't play through the whole game in one sitting. Its 15-17 hours easily. Very deeply affecting. He also said he might be wrong but hes getting old and hes not used to games doing that to him or something to that effect. Watch his review and his "Sesslers Something" where he talks about it.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
CGI-Quality said:
Th3PANO said:

That sounds amazing.  So did he say that killing others wasn't easy and that you really feel the effect of killing another?  That's one thing I hate about many games is that they don't make you think about what you're doing and to try and not kill as many people as possible.

nnodley said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

That sounds amazing.  So did he say that killing others wasn't easy and that you really feel the effect of killing another?  That's one thing I hate about many games is that they don't make you think about what you're doing and to try and not kill as many people as possible.

Check out Sesslers Somthing on Youtube and Sesslers actual review. He compared Bioshock Infinite and TLOU and said basically that that Bioshock Infinite glorfies killing, whilst in the last of Us you feel like every kill you make is just another chance to survive. Also your partner can be killed too, so you have to watch her back because they'll kill her too so when you get jumped it can really get on edge. Theres no game like this out. You grow attatched to the girl like the main protagonist. What I gained from it is Bioshock is a great game but it glorifies killing, TLOU brings you into a post apocalyptic world with a man who has survived for twenty years and a girl who was born in the shit of the fight, so shes got a brash mouth and a "trigger finger" style. Basically every kill is another second you are still breathing is the feeling in the game. All of the characters have are fully fleshed out that matter as well, they aren't left hanging in value like other games. Naughty Dog is known for doing this though, so it shouldnt be a question. The killing is far from glorified though. He also said he recommends not playing through the game in one sitting because 15-17 hours of this game is affecting, or it affected him from his reaction on both shows. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
nnodley said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Check out Sesslers Somthing on Youtube and Sesslers actual review. He compared Bioshock Infinite and TLOU and said basically that that Bioshock Infinite glorfies killing, whilst in the last of Us you feel like every kill you make is just another chance to survive. Also your partner can be killed too, so you have to watch her back because they'll kill her too so when you get jumped it can really get on edge. Theres no game like this out. You grow attatched to the girl like the main protagonist. What I gained from it is Bioshock is a great game but it glorifies killing, TLOU brings you into a post apocalyptic world with a man who has survived for twenty years and a girl who was born in the shit of the fight, so shes got a brash mouth and a "trigger finger" style. Basically every kill is another second you are still breathing is the feeling in the game. All of the characters have are fully fleshed out that matter as well, they aren't left hanging in value like other games. Naughty Dog is known for doing this though, so it shouldnt be a question. The killing is far from glorified though. He also said he recommends not playing through the game in one sitting because 15-17 hours of this game is affecting, or it affected him from his reaction on both shows. 

Is there spoilers in his video and his review?