By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - TLOU has 85 PERFECT SCORES out of 137 REVIEWS

Tagged games:

buying the game today, cant wait.

Around the Network
foodfather said:
All this perfect score business is meaningless. Almost all of the perfect 10 reviews exude of fanboyism. I distinctly remember Halo 4 being reviews several times by people who weren't even Halo fans and it resulted in the worst rated main Halo game.

All this perfect score SB means that people massively hyping TLOU were given the review copy, they were naturally going to over score the game... and whenever somebody doesn't like the game, the score gets removed...

Its complete and utter BS and shows how bad journalism has got.

Well, it is the worst Halo. It doesn't have Bungie's charm.

Stop being paranoid.. No score has been removed. Metacritic still has Quarter to Three's 60 and Polygon's 75. Have you even played it? All those reviewers are bribed fanboys?? There's also the possibility that the game actually is that good. To me it is.

If all 124 reviews were included the Metascore would be (60 + 75 + 80*3 + 85 + 90*14 + 92 + 93 + 95*22 + 100*80)/124 = 98.2    :D

Damn @ that meta score if those reviewers get added.

DamnTastic said:
Damn @ that meta score if those reviewers get added.

They probably won't sadly. Meta has an official list and these are the ones I've found on GAF, ND forums and various other places. But still nice to know that there's other places that review too.

@foodfather

Uhm what reviews gets removed o_O? Besides: I've played the game and I'd 11 it. So I find the reviews to be too low (LOL).

Very impressive indeed! We should have a "perfect review" thread to compare the amount of the perfect reviews of popular games.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network
Mike_L said: Have you even played it?

http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=neon_boogaloo" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=neon_boogaloo

Yes, brought it day 1, very disappointed with the game after the initial fantastic intro. 

My tid bits so far would be that it lacks in the story department and despite strong focus on characters and dialogue, the characters themselves are cookie cutter. Gameplay is horrible. Not sure if I can be bothered to compete it. Most over rated games of the year so far. 

foodfather said:
Mike_L said: Have you even played it?

http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=neon_boogaloo" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=neon_boogaloo

Yes, brought it day 1, very disappointed with the game after the initial fantastic intro. 

My tid bits so far would be that it lacks in the story department and despite strong focus on characters and dialogue, the characters themselves are cookie cutter. Gameplay is horrible. Not sure if I can be bothered to compete it. Most over rated games of the year so far. 

What. The. Fuck.

Finish the game please and re-read what you just wrote afterwards. You probably should atleast add a "So far" considering the characters evolve a ton throughout the journey.

theprof00 said:
Now the only question is, "what is the game of the generation"?
TLoU or Uncharted 2? :D both by ND

All we need to know it

Naughty DOg is the developer of the generation.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

CGI-Quality said:
Th3PANO said:
CGI-Quality said:
Th3PANO said:
CGI-Quality said:

Then many Mario games and other sequels shouldn't ever get 10s, yes?

This has nothing to do with sequels.

It has everything to do with sequels, but it isn't just about them, no. That still wasn't my point and you dodged the question.

Read this sh**, it's about adding features in games never done before or making things so practical and convenient that everyone follows. You can do this things in sequels. I personally see only more of the same action + story +  zombies (as if we hadn't enough zombie's this generation) hullaballo.

If you haven't played it, you can't place a judgment on what should/shouldn't get a 10. According to the reviews, the game offers scenarios and such that other games haven't, but I think it should go a little deeper than that... 

I don't personally like giving any game 10/10 (to me, it implies perfection, and regardless of what's new/been done before, no game is perfect), but sequels, just like new IPs, can offer genre-defining changes. I understand why sites give 10/10, though. In most cases, it means a game gets close enough to perfection, by the sum of its parts, which is what the review should convey. 

This is also why I think the numeric reviewing system should be done away with. The words of the review, itself, are far more vital.

If you want to rank things then A,B,C system is better than numeric, as it is theoretically infinite in both directions. If A is the highest letter and E is the lowest and you have plusses and minuses then you can always add one more minus to E out to infinity and you can always add another + to A out to infinity. So there's no such thing as the perfect game because no matter how many +'s you put on that A  someone can always add another one (I give Uncharted 3 an A+++++++++. Oh yeah! well I give Gears of War 3 an A++++++++++, so suck on that!). Which means hopefully every sensible review site just sticks with A+ for an all around excellent game.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I dont know whats stopping me from getting this game/ guess i need to get it. bought all 3 uncharteds

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament