By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One controller detailed, 200 prototypes created before final design decided

Well, I've always loved the Xbox 1's... uh, I mean the original Xbox's controller and the 360 controller so this definitely looks like a change for the better. Like a fusion between the two. And if there's anything that has been bothering me since wireless controllers became standard that would be managing the split screen order.

Will also be interesting to see what the rumble triggers will be used for.

Around the Network

While I still think they should have added a speaker - and I did laugh when that was one of the first things they said they tried on the videos about it.

It's funny that all the tech that goes into the new consoles, and one little thing - the tactile feel resistance they are adding to the triggers may be the most significant change to how people feel playing games.

Just imagine Skyrim's lock picking. A gun jamming because you are hit in Gears of War. Creepy feed back in an Alan Wake type game. Or even, as they are trying in some touch pads, you could have a 'fuzzy' texture as you walk thought a swamp, or weeds, or fight a bear.

Finger tips are so sensitive. This could be one of the biggest changes in how you feel playing a game in the next gen.

Hopefully I will get a chance to try it on Monday!

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Snesboy said:
sales2099 said:
Snesboy said:
sales2099 said:
Thing of beauty. True gamers controller.

mouse and keyboard all the way brah

Pssh...thats so 1980's :P

Mechanical keyboard and laser mouse then ;)

Keyboard/Mouse are maybe good for RTS or other kind of games...
But when controlling a character in general (shooter or any other action/platformer game), I'll personally go with a 360 controller all the way.
The feeling of moving with ASDW is just awkward... And I can snipe or aim quickly enough with a stick already.

OP: I cannot wait to get my grips on this controller :)

3 gens in a row, Xbox still has the best controller.

I don't think there is much debate that the Xbox controller shits on everything.

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

Around the Network
Soleron said:
yo_john117 said:
The One's controller literally sounds like the best controller ever made. Everything about it is perfect!

Anyone can WRITE that stuff. Wait for people to actually use it for a few hours.

(Ignore if reviewers have already done this with the final, production version)

Why would they write all that up and act like it's true if it's not true?

yo_john117 said:
Soleron said:
yo_john117 said:
The One's controller literally sounds like the best controller ever made. Everything about it is perfect!

Anyone can WRITE that stuff. Wait for people to actually use it for a few hours.

(Ignore if reviewers have already done this with the final, production version)

hahahahahahahahahaha

Soleron said:
yo_john117 said:

hahahahahahahahahaha

I mean't in terms of it being a simple controller (obviously stuff like that can be embellished for something like consoles and brand new tech. But something like a controller where it's just tweaked compared to the last version? No). People have actually used the controller and from what I've heard they think it's amazing.

There isn't one reason to think that any of this is a lie.

yo_john117 said:
Soleron said:
yo_john117 said:

hahahahahahahahahaha

I mean't in terms of it being a simple controller (obviously stuff like that can be embellished for something like consoles and brand new tech. But something like a controller where it's just tweaked compared to the last version? No). People have actually used the controller and from what I've heard they think it's amazing.

There isn't one reason to think that any of this is a lie.

Yeah the hands-on writing I trust, but the OP article is basically a copied press release. Of course it makes it sound like the best thing ever.

Both wired and wireless? Smaller thumbsticks!? ACTUALLY USEABLE D-PAD!?! I was already convinced to get this the moment I first laid eyes on it, but to see all the features written out like this is.... Gah! It's incredible!