By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us 1st Week Sales Predictions Thread

Tagged games:

How much will TLOU sell in its first week?

3 Million+ 54 13.11%

2 Million+ 53 12.86%

1.5M+ 69 16.75%

1m+ 114 27.67%

800k+ 64 15.53%

500k+ 37 8.98%

0 Sales. Banned for being too awesome. 19 4.61%

Total:410

US = 375K. EU = 300K. JP = 50K. Rest of World = 100K.

825K first week.

Great launch for a new IP late in the console cycle, hell it'll have a great enough launch for most AAA games to be happy about.

2.75-3.00m lifetime with little bundling.
3.25-3.50m lifetime with short-term mass bundling.
3.75-4.00m lifetime with long-term mass bundling.

... it's very hard to guess lifetime sales like with Naughty Dogs other games this generation because we don't know how much it's going to be bundled. It's safe to say that it will be a big hit and if it is as good as the critics say it is the word of mouth should be great.

Around the Network

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

I'd probably say globally 350k first week, I think people are expecting wayyy too high first week sales. Although I think it'll have really strong legs and do about 3.75 lifetime with some little bundling.

I make videos that are sometimes funny I think?

Check out my Youtube gaming channel here!

I hardly play video games anymore but I pre-ordered this game last night. First game I have ever pre-ordered and the first full price game I have purchased since Uncharted 3.

I'm predicting it will just nudge over 1 million units first week. 1.01 million.

Around the Network

hmm i feel this is one of those games thats gonna sale extremely well on psn as well, and wont be able to track correctly. 800-1 Million first week. LTD: 4.5M

Buying a PS4 nuff said.

I think the concept is kind of unfamiliar in some ways and some gameplay elements might be off-putting to some in the beginning. I say good legs with a 600-650k first week is likely. A game with actual challenge and that actually requires thought might be a tough swallow for many modern gamers.
It doesn't have the action appeal of Uncharted but will likely spread in popularity simply for being a solid title and having Naughty Dog's name plastered on it (which is a true mark of quality in the last decade or so).

Lifetime predictions are tough, I'm not sure I could make one. If I did, I'd say something like "slightly short of the original Uncharted". 4 million-ish then, could be less, even Platinum release and bundles might be ineffective since the PS4 will steal a lot of thunder from the PS3 over the holidays and beyond. Not to mention other huge titles this year. 3.5- 4 million lifetime, 650k first week (worldwide, that is).

VGKing said:

The Last of Us has been getting extremely favorable reviews. Currently it is at a 95/100 average on Metacritic based on 51 reviews. According to VgChartz the game has ~315k pre-orders in the US witch 2 week till release. So based on the data we have now you can make your worldwide sales predictions! I'll go first:

1.2million worldwide sales.

Make sure to send me you predictions via PM so I can add it to the table.

The Last of Us VgChartz 1st-Week Sales Predictions
Vgking 1.2 Million

Based on your prediction, I was going to say 1 dollar Bob.  But as most of the other predictions are lower, so I'll say 618,001 :)

Stop hating and start playing.