By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii: box art?

Fake, why? It is showcasing the wheel not the game. Look at Wii Play, the games are the focus not the Wiimote. Same thing here, it will focus on the game and have a smaller pic/mention that it includes the wheel. Though it doesn't look bad, just not focusing on the primary product.

Around the Network

Everyone who was saying it's fake, go eat crow.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/15/mario-kart-wii-boxed-logod/

Nintendo has press released it as the official box art.

Wow, it's hilarious to read the first page of this thread now.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Quite funny to see that this was actually real

Minimalistic but cute. Does a preview hand-on with the wheel exist on the net? Is it just a piece of plastic like the zapper?

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Around the Network

@von shigsy, it does not really look like there are any buttons, from the pics, and I doubt that they would design it so that there were any buttons. Presumably the idea is that these are cheap enough that everyone has them so that you can all play together properly

Of course it isn't fake it says "the-real-deal" in the URL. Can't you guys read?

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

I like it, but I think they need to have Karts in the picture.... so casuals may be dumb enough to actually think this is a game you race floating people...

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Well this is only the outer card box the actual DVD case will be different and hopefully feature carts, this is the part most people will throw away.

I saw this @ my local gamestop...
I'm sure that they will prob. revise it by adding the other char. in the game on the box art.

Good point by viewiful_jon
I don't think it really matters b.c ppl will just throw the box away if you know what i mean...