By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii: box art?

It could be fake but I think the box looks legitimate. And to be honest, I don't care if it is or isn't. I'd be too busy playing the game to worry about the box. It could come in a brown cardboard box and simply say Mario Kart Wii (with included steering wheel) and it would sell 5 million+ copies. My only concern is that the steering wheel which doesn't interest me that much doesn't increase the price and that there will be a standard Wii case for the game in the box. My one pet peeve over Wii Sports is that little paper insert for the disc instead of a DVD like case as all other games.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Around the Network

I hope that is not the real cover, I expect it to be more detailed.

100% Coritiba Foot Ball Club!

Looks great, I hope it is the true boxart. Its different and casuals would jump all over it.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

coasterlove said:
It could be fake but I think the box looks legitimate. And to be honest, I don't care if it is or isn't. I'd be too busy playing the game to worry about the box. It could come in a brown cardboard box and simply say Mario Kart Wii (with included steering wheel) and it would sell 5 million+ copies. My only concern is that the steering wheel which doesn't interest me that much doesn't increase the price and that there will be a standard Wii case for the game in the box. My one pet peeve over Wii Sports is that little paper insert for the disc instead of a DVD like case as all other games.

That is pretty lame. What if you wanted to play friends? You'd have to keep buying steering wheel accessories. There hasn't been too much information putout about this game (especially compared to brawl) but hopefully you'll be able to use a variety of controllers.

The whole steering wheel thing seems a little strange to me, if you're gonna push a wheel and commit then why only give one out?

Isn't Mario Kart a multiplayer game and I know it's online but thats not what most people (and Nintendo probably) will be pushing, the adverts will all be loads of people sat round a TV playing it and i'll certainly be phoning my mates up saying come round with a few beers as I've got Mario Kart.

Surely they should give a minimum of 2 wheels away - either that or look to manufacture these at cost and look to sell 3 wheels for £10 or so, if they only give one away and sell the others at a large cost then they are deeming them to be nothing but a gimmick.

The Wii doesn't have any decent driving games and if Nintendo really pushed to ensure millions of Wii Owners had a Nintendo Wheel then devs may just think lets create more driving games now people have the Wii Steering Wheel.

Around the Network

Hmm, I'm not sure whether its real or not, seems a little low on detail for the box art of a Nintendo game though.

And the Wii Wheel just seems like a scam to me really, when I saw Reggie show it at E3 I was just thinking "whats the point?" Its hardly any different from just holding the controller horizontally.

PC Gamer

To tell you the truth I actually really like that box art, real or not. I really like the simple look and the shadows underneath are awesome.

I was a little uneasy about the wheel in the background at first, but somehow the white on white with the dark lower half of the box really makes it shine and look pretty good.

yoshiboots said:
well I like it more than the ssbb box art.
SSBB Boxart is amazing!

I like Bacon said:
yoshiboots said:
well I like it more than the ssbb box art.
SSBB Boxart is amazing!

I agree with you 100%.

100% Coritiba Foot Ball Club!

If it is real, it's not going to be the final version. Why? The design is TOO minimal. It also uses pretty much the most prominent advertising picture that I've seen since Mario Kart Wii was first announced, so it could easily have been ripped for a mockup.

On top of this, I don't think they'd advertise the peripheral that heavily on the game, by having teh characters use the steering wheel on the cover. I'm pretty sure every Mario Kart game up to this point has shown the characters actually DRIVING karts, not just holding controllers.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her