By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What I want from Nintendo's E3: Do you agree?

Cold-Flipper said:

Firstly, I have been self-banned for 3 months because I needed a break from VGC. My ban has ended today, and I'm back just in time for E3! VGC seems to of had more issues since I've been gone with more fanboy wars and whatnot but hopefully that dies down soon. Just wanted to say hi to everyone again before getting to this thread's topic :)

Nintendo's E3: Do You Agree?

I believe that since the Wii U is Nintendo's first HD System and easily out-powers anything Nintendo has ever released so far, they need to step up all their games. They need to take all their franchises to the next level. I'm not talking graphic-wise but how big the games are. They should be filled with content and easily out-due their previous efforts.

1) Pikmin 3

• Very long story mode with 40+ hours of gameplay
  • Co-Op option for story mode
  • Extended Muliplayer from Pikmin 2 with multiple modes
  • All 7 colors of Pikmin can be grown from the flowers
  • No more caves, instead, much bigger above areas
  • More strategy elements 

2) Super Mario U

• Story mode with 30+ hours of gameplay
  • Most open-world 3D Mario yet, Imagine Mario 64, but with the option to open every door from the start. Go through the game however you want. Not linear at all
  • Different story, still should be simple but bowser shouldn't be the main enemy, change it up a bit
  • Not Galaxy 3, whole different setting never used before in a 3D Mario game

3) Mario Kart U

• 40 tracks with 5 cups, 20 new & 20 remade
  • Track design focused, only have 15 playable characters. Most advanced tracks yet
  • Multiplayer focused too with 6 local players & 14 online players
  • Glider & Swim gameplay from MK7 applied to MKU

4) Super Smash Bros 4

• Change up all character moves, time to reset the moves list
  • Balance the characters and final smashes to make it more fair
  • Get rid of the story mode, go back to just playing and fighting to unlock things
  • 40 playable characters, add new ones and get rid of others. Get rid of clones with similar moves, add Sega characters and Goku.
  • Much better online 
  • Much more advanced stage builder

5) Retro's Game

• Either a completely new franchise or an old franchise brought back. Retro has yet to really impress me and they need to try something different
  • Very story focused and different from Nintendo's normal
  • Not a Shooter

6) Other Nintendo Games Showcased

• Yoshi's Epic Yarn
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Wii Party U
  • Wii Sports U
  • Fatal Frame U
  • Donkey Kong 64 Remake
  • Kirby, Starfox, or F-Zero U

What I won't address from you'r post is either because I agree with you or because I would'nt mind seeing it happen but at the same time I would'nt care. What I bolded are the main things I disagree with and here is why...

1) Pikmin 3

• Not that I disagree with you but we already saw cave footages in the trailers, does'nt mean the overworld can't be bigger tho :)
2) Super Mario U
  • I agree on the story. Bowser coming out of nowehere to kidnap peach is getting extremely dull. I don't mind that simplistic story, but 20games in a row is getting frustrating. I've been hoping for a Mario game with Wario as the villain for a while now, with the upcoming release of Game&Wario I doubt it will happen but one can still hope. Donkey Kong as a villain would also be fun and surprising altho I don't think Nintendo has the balls to make one of his main face a villain once again anymore. Sadly I would say their is a 99% chance that Bowser will be the villain and he will kidnap Peach again. But atleast I hope they will add a twist like in Sunshine where Bowser.JR and Evil Mario were more of the main villains rather than Bowser who was still involved.
4) Super Smash Bros 4
  • Why would you want to totaly break a what have been a awsome game for over 10years? Reseting all moves can only create trouble. I want to play my Mario with coin punch as his B.up, and I want my Pikachu to have thunder as his B.down. If these things change I would be really upset. The only character who should have all his moves resetted is Ganondorf who's move does'nt make any sense with the character, make him use a sword and other moves we actualy saw him use in the Zelda games. Other than that, changing moves for all characters that ppl have been playing for year would only ruin the game for almost all veteran.
  • I actualy like clones, I thought Brawl hit the sweet spot with clones. I thought that the clones in Brawl were just different enough to my taste. Falco,Fox and Wolf despite bein clones played extremely different (but their final smash being the same was lazy and lame tho, they should change that). Same goes with Toon Link and normal Link, could'nt stand playing normal Link but Toon Link was my 2nd favorite character. Lucas and Ness were the only 2 clones that I thought were to similar (and Ganon/Cap Falcon, they played different but Ganon's move like I mentioned above should not be like Falcon's). As for the Sega characters, Sonic and Bayonetta are litteraly the only characters I would accept in smash. I don't want some lame secondary characters like Tails or Knuckles. Smash is a tribute to Nintendo games, so almost any characters would do, but when it comes to third party they should only be the main characters from big franchises that actualy had a contribution to Nintendo's and even gaming's history, some secondary sidekick should'nt make the cut. And finaly as for Goku... NOO GOD, NO GOD PLZ NO, NO, NO, NOOOOOOOO!!! Goku is NOT a videogame characters, he is a ANIME character. Goku had no impact in Nintendo or gaming's history! If you wan a Namco character, get one from a freaking videao game franchise (not a liscensed one) that actualy had impact like Street Fighter. Then what? Add Woody from Toy Story in Smash5 cause of Disney Infinity?
5) Retro's game
  • I want Metroid Prime4, so I do want a shooter. Even if it's not Metroid, WiiU need a hardcore game that will attract gamers, and a shooter is the best way to go, if it's not Prime4, I hope it's a new IP with the core elements being similar to Prime or Bioshock. I'd love a creative shooter from them, not some lame ass average shooter that are everywhere ala CoD of BF or even Resistance. If not Prime, and if not a shooter, I want Star Fox (arguably a shooter tho but not quite).
6) Other Nintendo Games Showcased
  • DK64 is one of my favorite game of all time and I would love a remake. And by remake I mean I only want upgraded graphics like a HD remaster or what they did with OoT3D. But I would rather they put their ressources into something else, so simply putting the game on the WiiU Virtual Console would be fine for me (if possible). 

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network

Wait, you can ban yourself? O_o

I agree with most of that stuff though, but 14 players in MK will be too crazy. Also there should be more characters than there were in MK7, especially if you're gonna have 14 players.

I don't know what is up with this site because it used to work fine on mobile.

Now, it is complete crap and won't let me quote and delete properly or anything...

I guess I'm officially done with this site

Bye :(

Goku is not a char originated in a game, so he cannot be on SSB4

Click HERE and be happy 

Cold-Flipper said:
I don't know what is up with this site because it used to work fine on mobile.

Now, it is complete crap and won't let me quote and delete properly or anything...

I guess I'm officially done with this site

Bye :(

Well that's unfortunate, you just came back too. It's definitely true that this site is less accessible than most others, atleast from what I've seen. Hooefully they'll fix that in the future. Well anywho, good luck with all your future endeavors! ^_^

Around the Network
EricFabian said:

Is that actually a rule?

Einsam_Delphin said:
EricFabian said:

Is that actually a rule?

not a rule, but I think it's obvious (or not)

Click HERE and be happy 

LilChicken22 said:
Mario and Pikmin 30/40 hours? what? Those games aren't made for a campaign that long. You can expect Pikmin to be 11-15 hours with unlockable content and Mario < 8 hours and maybe 8-10 hours more if you're looking for extra levels.

Why not?  Mario 64 took a good 30-35 hours the first time I played through it. We're not talking about 2D Mario here.  It's not only feasible, but I expect the new Mario game to be HUGE! Play outside the box. (No pun intended)

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

retro needs to make Prime 4. Their strength is with the metroid series

30 hours or so isn't impossible (although it is a bit far fetched), although I think by that point I'd be getting more than a little tired of Mario. 40+ hours of Pikmin is possible, although a good chunk of those hours would have to come from multiplayer modes (there's no way the single player campaign's going past 40).

For Mario Kart, expecting a game to be released with 40 tracks isn't too far fetched either. MK games usually have 32, and I wouldn't mind some more retro tracks getting remade. Perhaps a Rainbow Road Cup that could serve as a category exclusive to Rainbow Road tracks from older games (as well as this one's RR). Or Nintendo could go the DLC route, which I would be cool with as well. Start the game off with the standard 32 tracks, and sell 2 tracks for $5 or 1 track for $3. 40 tracks isn't out of reach by any means.