By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Of Us Demo IS LIVE!!!

Deyon said:
4 hours 14 minutes left to finish downloading......fuhhhck

4hrs? what time did you jump on to activate the demo?

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

Around the Network

The graphics are very solid.

Unfortunately a short demo. I'm hyped for the real thing, though.

Done about 50 playthroughs on the last part by letting myself die on purpose by last enemy remaining. So fucking fun :D

I was not really impressed by the demo, but it was only a tiny piece of the game so I won't make much of it. I'll just say the AI seems to respond just fine, controls are tight and animations fluent. However, I foresee the game sucking in Normal difficulty. I played on hard the first time without shooting a single bullet, I had to be stealthy and tactical. Then I played on normal, using my guns. Uh...not only they give you a steel pipe, but all enemies seemed to drop ammo...WTF? "Normal" which is the mode most people play on the first time (and reviewers) should still be a true survival experience, enemies dropping ammo left and right is cheap (and if I dare say, nonsense, how can all these people be carrying bullets with them, and just the kind you need too, smh) and takes away the survival aspect of the game.

Around the Network
Aldro said:

HOLY SHIT BALLS!!  Dat gore and face smash = AMAZING!!!

Aldro said:

Holy shit!!

i didn't know I could do that.

I watched the Eurogamer playthrough of this and was very very very impressed

I am slightly worried it won't feel as fresh storywise as I am currently playing the Walking Dead, but this looks so impressive in every singe aspect

pezus said:
Dang, I need to play it again. How did you do that, Aldro, without using the pipe he has on him? Did you press square?

Are you guys for real?

I played like I was Bruce Lee.

Check this video out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Ul07t9TtA&hd=1&t=3m20s

Made it start at a special point, watch from there (3:20) to he dies (3:31). You can interact with the environment as long as you hit people towards it and sort of put their back to it. That can be a sink, table, wall, anything! Its amazing!

Game is out in only a couple weeks or so, gonna pass on playing the demo. I heave heard some wildly mixed opinions on it though.