By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Animal Crossing: New Leaf thread

Tagged games:

Who is your favorite character in Animal Crossing (final round)?

Brewster 0 0%

K.K. Slider 4 26.67%

Isabelle 4 26.67%

Tom Nook 3 20.00%

Mr. Resetti 1 6.67%

Kapp'n 2 13.33%

Blathers 1 6.67%

Pete 0 0%

Joan 0 0%

Gracie 0 0%

Total:15
Otakumegane said:
It seems I'm the dontaing type. I enjoy making museum collections.

I always donate first.  What I like about this game is that Blathers doesn't give you long spew about whatever you catch.  It tells you to look at encyclopedia if you catch something new (or description on museum display, granted he did have some funny things to say about bugs and fish in past versions but this makes donating a faster process especially now that you can donate multiple items).  This allows you to know to donate it since it is your first time catching.  Simple addition but an awesome addition that should have been in place for AC:CF.  Anyways, I like how it notifies you if you catch something you haven't caught before.

Around the Network

Day 2 playtime update - found at a few new things added to game like storage lockers by train station which makes storing and transferring stuff back to your town while visiting others a lot better (don't have to leave and enter multiple times)

Completed velociraptor skeleton, bought bug net and started catching and donating bugs (can't wait for beetles tonight since you can make a lot of money off them during the summer), paid off initial home loan and now upgrading house (~98k bells second home loan incoming...), rearranged my flowers to group them up with same kind to start trying to produce hybrids, pulled weeds, talked to a few neighbors, and fell into my own pitfall trap that I set near entrance which I was trying to get someone that visited my town to fall into (forgot about my own trap placement).

Now sitting at 4:44 hours playtime for AC:NL (this will eventually be my number 1 playtime game).  I would have more hours if I didn't work yesterday but all good because I'm still progressing decently in the game.  My goal is to pay off the next ~98k loan by tomorrow or perhaps Wednesday at latest.

I probably have to work till 1 am tonight so I can't promise logging on tonight till about 1:30 AM central USA.  I probably won't game anymore today till then because I rented a red box movie to watch with my woman (funny that I rented Broken City... let us hope I don't become as corrupt of a mayor as Russell Crowe was in the movie!) before I go to work (need to watch it this afternoon so I can return it for only one day charge).  So I hope you guys have fun without me!  Looks like you guys had fun yesterday visiting each others towns.  Does cross region play work (Japan - NA - Europe, I assume it should).  I hope someone is saving me some fruit....! 

I have some pears left over if you would like to come get some. My Orange (from Axum) trees and Peach (from Isabelle) trees are currently growing and I don't really know how long it will take for them to bare fruit... xD

Anyhow, I've clocked in over 10 Hours and 30 Minutes of playtime already! AC:NL currently sits at 6th place.

Saw this article on NintendoLife.  If the poll results are anything to go by then AC:NL will be undertracked by VGC by a lot considering a majority of those that responded to the poll are going to buy it on the eshop.  I love the option of I'm not interested in buying AC:NL because I'm a grumpy person.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/06/thinking_of_buying_animal_crossing_new_leaf_go_digital_says_iwata

Thinking Of Buying Animal Crossing: New Leaf? Go Digital, Says Iwata

Posted Mon 10th Jun 2013 10:00 by Damien McFerran

"That makes me sound a little like a salesman, doesn’t it?"

As you're no doubt aware, Animal Crossing: New Leaf is now available in North America.

It's an astonishingly good piece of software, as you'll know if you've taken the time to read and digest our Animal Crossing: New Leaf review. It's also the kind of game which is sure to keep players busy throughout the entire year — which is why Nintendo president Satoru Iwata is urging 3DS owners to download the digital copy instead of picking up the physical release:

Animal Crossing is a game that I hope people will play throughout the whole year. But we want people to play other games too. So something I would recommend is the digital download version. I think a title like Animal Crossing: New Leaf, which you can play throughout the year, is ideally suited to this format. That makes me sound a little like a salesman, doesn’t it? (laughs)

Which version have you purchased, or do you intend to purchase? Let us know by voting in the poll below.

Which version of Animal Crossing: New Leaf is the one for you? (215 votes)

Digital download

54%

Physical copy

35%

I'm not interested in buying Animal Crossing: New Leaf because I'm a grumpy person

10%

Animal what?

1%

There is no doubt in my mind that VGC will have this game undertracked. If VGC can't track eShop downloads, there is going to be many, many issues come the heat of the battle this generation!

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
I'll be on tomorrow night perhaps around 11:30 pm central but if I have to work over 8 hour shift might not log on till 1:30 am (would be afternoon but I rented a red box movie to watch with my girl). I just missed my chance at shark...! Had a fin out of water and my reaction time to the bite wasn't quick enough... I'm going to get a shark tonight or fall asleep trying. My work schedule is getting in the way of my AC time...

I'll try to wait up for ya but no guarantees! Also, how do you know it was a shark? It coulda been a dolphin! That's probably why it got away cause dolphins are too gewd hehe.

Einsam_Delphin said:

I'll try to wait up for ya but no guarantees! Also, how do you know it was a shark? It coulda been a dolphin! That's probably why it got away cause dolphins are too gewd hehe.

How far along are you with your Mayoral Rating? I'm at 57 percent. Citizens brain's move at such a glacial pace. -_-

NintendoPie said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

How far along are you with your Mayoral Rating? I'm at 57 percent. Citizens brain's move at such a glacial pace. -_-

Already got to 100%! Just waiting to recieve my license thing now. Just keeps talking to them and make sure to say good things to em as that might make a difference, though I don't know that as fact but it'd make sense.

Einsam_Delphin said:

Already got to 100%! Just waiting to recieve my license thing now. Just keeps talking to them and make sure to say good things to em as that might make a difference, though I don't know that as fact but it'd make sense.

What... what?! People just keep wanting me to buy things for them. Cheep-o's!

NintendoPie said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

What... what?! People just keep wanting me to buy things for them. Cheep-o's!

lol true, but you have to do if you want 100%. I bought, sold, and gave them lot's of stuff, though some of them were really good deals, like one of my shirts for their regal chair. Who's the cheapo now! >:D

Actually no, they still are. I sent them all letters containing fruit in hopes that they'd send me a different kind or anything else really, but nope, got nothing at all besides the letters. Infact one of them gave me my pear back, the punk! Although, that same neighbor did give me an apple later, so hrms...

Btw I just need cherries until I have all the standard fruits!