By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft – Xbox One Will Surprise The World At E3

I didn't know this was a prediction thread? Oh wait it isn't. Anyway looking forward to what MS shows me, to get me to stay with Xbox.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
KungKras said:

Because I like speaking my mind, and I also like having rights as a customer?

We have rights on this forum supported by rules not to derail threads, seemed you decided to skip that right for someone else to cater to your own.

Hey, I'm not banned yet!

It almost seems like mentioning reality is not the same as derailing threads!

EDIT: Maybe I should report you for trying to abuse the report button to silence critics of your favourite console brand.

I LOVE ICELAND!

ironmanDX said:
Subie_Greg said:

First don't compare PS3 and 360 to Xbox One and PS4. Development  for cell was the issue. Now both are x86. It's apples and oranges. Actually apples and... speed boats or some shit like that. 

And you are determined to defend them. And you didn't correct shit btw

You could have liked everything at the reveal. But to say it wasn't geared toward the casuals is insane. I understand why Microsoft is doing it. The casuals offer them more money to be made. They want Wii numbers, not 360 numbers. Smart business

The problem with the reveal is that the type of gamer who tunes into a reveal like that is core gamers. The same people who look a couple times a week for info on a new console 6 months before it even releases. And they felt slapped in the face after the reveal.

Your looking at this as my opinion vs your opinion. You need to look at it as your opinion vs everyone elses. Go look on twitter or facebook. Go look on youtube. Go look at forums such as this. Sites like kotaku and see what the journalists are saying and the comments that readers leave. I'm sure it's just Sony fanboys though 

And yes, if Microsoft comes thru at E3 it can make all this mean nothing. But we are living in the here and now. And people feel like Microsoft abandoned the core gamer. 

If you want to believe that the reveal and everything in it was for the core gamer, then go ahead. After that I can sell you a bridge to no where if you'd like

First don't compare PS3 and 360 to Xbox One and PS4.

Why? The thing people do when looking forward is look to the past... How do you think people come up with estimates and predictions? You have to use the data that is available to you at the time, of course unless you have a time machine I could borrow?

Could you please explain here why you believe the situation with the PS3 and 360 should also be plausible in the case of the PS4 and the XBO?

Hynad said:
ironmanDX said:

First don't compare PS3 and 360 to Xbox One and PS4.

Why? The thing people do when looking forward is look to the past... How do you think people come up with estimates and predictions? You have to use the data that is available to you at the time, of course unless you have a time machine I could borrow?

Could you please explain here why you believe the situation with the PS3 and 360 should also be plausible in the case of the PS4 and the XBO?

Why not? It's the gen before. Market trends will be more similar now than comparing it to other gens. Gens also increase 30% gen on gen... Or whatever it was MS said. Both MS and Sony have come up with estimates, Nintendo haven't released any that I know of. So yeah, it's the best information we have to go off right now. Not going to compare the coming gen to the 5th gen am I?

Was anyone actually surprised or is the general consensus amongst everyone who is not a fervent Xbox fan that MS pretty much shot themselves in the foot at E3 between the $499 price and all the fears regarding DRM, used games, license transfers, online requirements, etc. being absolutely true?

Around the Network

Didn't really surprise anyone did it?