By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why do you want to leave, have left, or are thinking about leaving this site?- This thread has helped fix the database, you can all thank our one and only game admin now!

I'm not going anywhere, mind you. But when I originally bothered starting to actually post (after quite some time of just stat-tracking and occasionally browsing a thread to see what people were saying about "___", I did so because I got the (somewhat false) impression that most posters in here were more mature and less fanboy/trollish than your average forum. In my time posting since then, I've learned the hard way that that seemed to have been incorrect. Which is too bad, because it would be nice, indeed, to have a place to go where people were totally civil and respectful in their posts, no matter where their tastes/bias lies.

Also, on a mod note, I would just say that I think a huge problem in ANY forum, is that mods are just people with their own opinions and tastes, like everyone else. The problem therein, is that while they operate under the illusion of objective moderating, that is never the case. It is always subjective, and always 100% up to a given mod how/why they interpret something a given way, and why they then warn (or as may be the case) ban without warning. I think it tends to be an issue of people having power over others, and using/abusing that power. It's just human nature. The only way you could possibly fix it, is to only choose people to be mods who ARE going to be totally unbiased and objective. But where are you going to find those people to volunteer to waste their time to patrol forums just to moderate? And there's your problem.

Around the Network

Work picks up and/or I forget.

Unlike CBR, no spoilers here.

Hmm, pie.

I won't leave but there are definitely annoying things:

N4G -
why is this on the main-site? One of the worst biased sites I know of.

Forum-system -
Quoting is a hell and takes too much time if you want to do it properly. Why not easy bb-code?

Users -
Some users are just annoying because of their choice of words. I know we are on the internet and this means to a certain degree you are anonymous but some people here have a choice of words which is just inappropriate for any discussion. Some get banned for it (dsgrue) others don't (stage...). It is not me to decide who gets banned or not but I don't know why some people can't just put normal words in their fingers. If you talk to people like this in real life you won't get many friends (or a girlfriend...).

Voting-System in articles -
This works just like on N4G. Pro Sony - thumb up. Pro MS - thumb down. You don't know who voted and discussions are close to useless there.

SnakeDrake said:
To much guys in here.

Just made me think of this xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfsHctqvMwc

Kantor said:
vaio said:
LilChicken22 said:
Getting banned for saying certain things about Sony, but others don't when talking about Nintendo/Microsoft although it's the same way of complaining about the company. I even prepared an article about this and it's still on my computer; about why I'm pretty mad at the moderators of this site. But I calmed down a bit and I think this site is fun. But it's the moderators of this site I can't deal with. They seem pretty biased towards Sony (I have proof of this) and you're not supposed to be that on a neutral gaming site.

This cant be stated enough, this has been the main problem for many years now.

Sony fans spam the report button and in combination with the pro sony moderations has made this site unbareble for everyone but Sony fans

Examples?

When ps3 was released and you were banned if you implied it was a failure wich it was (economicaly).

If you entered any of the wait untill x game comes for ps3 and trolled or poked fun you were banned (and rightly so)

but it took you guys 6 months to start banning people for the rrod threads that was mostly started by Sony fans

for the wii nothing happened when you trolled the system or said it was not next gen

same for the wii u, nothing has been done to stop it´s not as powerfull as current gen threads and the wii is not next gen threads

xbox one is suffering the same thing now sony fans trolling the shit our of the drm thing and nothing is done

Sony fans are the cause for most of the flaming and trolling posts here but you rather ban the people reacting to their trolling.

How about you ban both sides when they transgress? and not only to one party that is reacting to the other?

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

Seeing how i just came back this will be,"Why I left orginally and why I'am back."

Well I was here a long while ago. I left because when this site went to 3.0 I was quite unhappy with the layout and found it a blubbering mess. There was also a lot of glitches going on with creating messages and  was getting pretty busy with my life at the time.  Than I had an epiphany.

I still lurked in the news section though and occasionally took place in the "caption this" contests until they got rid of the Gamrnews or whatever the hell it was called. After a while i noticed the forums got cleaned up a bit and the main page did as well. Made browsing easier, but I noticed.....a lot of new people....and a lot of cringe worthy comments that i were dying to respond to at the time but couldn't because I hadn't logged in in quite some time. Now I'm back and ready to dish out some well deserved spankings when the time arises....

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

pezus said:
walsufnir said:
I won't leave but there are definitely annoying things:

N4G -
why is this on the main-site? One of the worst biased sites I know of.

Forum-system -
Quoting is a hell and takes too much time if you want to do it properly. Why not easy bb-code?

Users -
Some users are just annoying because of their choice of words. I know we are on the internet and this means to a certain degree you are anonymous but some people here have a choice of words which is just inappropriate for any discussion. Some get banned for it (dsgrue) others don't (stage...). It is not me to decide who gets banned or not but I don't know why some people can't just put normal words in their fingers. If you talk to people like this in real life you won't get many friends (or a girlfriend...).

Voting-System in articles -
This works just like on N4G. Pro Sony - thumb up. Pro MS - thumb down. You don't know who voted and discussions are close to useless there.

STAGE got banned very recently, if I recall correctly.

That was a short ban, if true.

pezus said:
walsufnir said:
pezus said:

STAGE got banned very recently, if I recall correctly.

That was a short ban, if true.

Longer than most bans are, which leads me to think this wasn't his first ban and that he was banned pretty recently before that.

He will show up in the monthly moderation thread.

I know and I am looking forward to it.

pezus said: 

Here are some known Sony fans that are currently banned:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/53558/dsgrue3/

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/64798/think-man/

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/6761/drkohler/

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/75396/9087/

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/636/ethomaz/

Oh yes, dsgrue3 and drkohler. dsgrue3 not surprising as he is unpolite very often and has a very bad choice of words, drkohler surprised me the past few weeks. I always thought he was a reasonable poster with favoring technical discussions but he changed his choice of words extremely. In my opinion it is good to keep a civil and nice way to post on this forum, which is of course sometimes not easy.

I signed up because of the sales numbers and because the UI with the VGChartz was really handy i thought.

I just dislike that the chat format is html instead of the usual vbulletin stuff. It makes it a bit more troubling to post videos and pictures. The quote trees could probably use a removal aswell.

Also, contrary to popular opinion around here, the mods have been very kind to me so i never got where the hate came from.