By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What to buy on 3DS

I had been keeping up on Fire Emblem DLC and buying the map packs, I typically do NOT buy downloadable games because I could pass them to the kids or get rid of ones we are bored with, but I did download Fire Emblem.

Anyway after not playing for a little while I saw a bunch of map packs for Fire Emblem and decided I was going to buy them, added the funds to my 3DS and then stopped. I could easily buy another game as opposed to the map packs, and I am simply not sure what I want to do. If I buy a downloadable game, it has to have awesome replayability among other things it should also be a great game.

Already have all the mario games, tales of abyss, zelda, so if you were going to get a 3DS game, and you had to download it, which would it be? which should I look at that I will not regret getting later?

I downloaded the demo of Etrian Odyssey 4 and I have never encountered such an RPG as that, don't think I'd like that type in the long run.

Around the Network

Kid Icarus Uprising!!!

Had kid icarus uprising, did not go well (I am left handed) and the circle pad was not ideal.

Luigi's Mansion and Donkey Kong, what kind multiplayer do you have there?

Luigi's Mansion 2 MP is solely co-op based. You tackle 4 different type of missions, with varied difficulty and length and you can unlock an infinite length variant once you complete all 4 missions on the hardest difficulty and longest length (25th Floor Thrill Tower Expert).

As for what to buy on the 3DS, I personally recommend Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. While it bears the Pokemon name, it's a spin-off from the series and has a Dungeon Crawling mechanic that similar to Action-RPGs such as Diablo and whatnot. It's a pretty fun game.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is also a good choice if you're up for challenging games with a lot to do. And when I say challenging, it really is, as the MH series is not new-comer friendly, but it's pretty interesting once you get the hang of it.

Those would be my suggestions, as I have yet to download Donkey Kong Returns 3D (will do it next month).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

When you say Mario games, does that just mean the platformers? If so then check out Mario Kart 7 if you haven't already. Also, be warned that LM2 multiplayer is very buggy with numerous game over glitches, so I'd only get if you have a decent tolerance level.

Around the Network

Luigis Mansion was fun, At the moment im addicted to the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Kingdom Hearts 3D is great fun. I enjoyed Tales of the Abyss as-well.

Sounds like Luigi's Mansion is a good bet. Have you played the original or a demo of the new one?

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed.

It takes a number of hours of playing for the frame rate to work at 60 fps, but it will if you have firmware 5.0 & up.

I don't knew why the frame rate improves as more you play it, but at least now I enjoy 60 fps with the 3D On and it is very fun with as much replayabilty as possible.

Just got DKCR for 3ds myself. havent even played it yet