By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Could The Xbox One Struggle To Beat The GameCube's Sales..?

Will the One outsell the GameCube..?

Yes, easily 58 44.27%

Yes, but it's going to be close 19 14.50%

Depends on software 21 16.03%

No 33 25.19%

Total:131

The more time goes on since the Xbox One reveal the more negative information filters through: Anti-consumerism with regards to used games, anti-privacy with Kinect always being on and now it's been revealed that the One is going to be region locked.

Microsoft seem to be doing everything they can to fuck up this console launch.

I can see both the PS4 and One being over $400, my personal guesstimate - considering the hardware we know that's in each machine and Kinect/camera bar included with every console - would be $499.99.

Given the anti-consumerism, (likely) high retail price and anti-privacy I personally think that even if the One has the best E3 in Microsoft's history with the best software since sliced bread that the console is REALLY going to struggle to sell. I can't see it selling over 30m myself and may even struggle to beat the 21m sales that the GameCube managed.

What do you think..?

Around the Network

I'm gonna get some popcorn.

To answer your question, I doubt it.

Edit: why are there two threads about this?

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Let's just no get ahead of ourselves. The Xbone is gathering a lot of animosity but to reach those sells it would take more. There is people that don't seem to care for anything said by Micro. That being said, there is people that do feel affected.

Regardless of the possible people being turned off at the latest stuff from Xbone and thus passing on the console, I think they have good chances of selling better than the WiiU, I strongly feel that.

And who knows if they actually sell more than the PS4? Especially in the beginning. That is a possibility.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

making a Wii U beating Gamecube is more fitting.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

The Gamecube didn't sell a billion units so I don't think so.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
It'll beat it with ease, sadly.

Actually this feels like a match up of Pacquiao vs Justin Beiber.

EDIT: Pacquiao, Pacquiao, PACQUIAO!

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

snowdog said:

The more time goes on since the Xbox One reveal the more negative information filters through: Anti-consumerism with regards to used games, anti-privacy with Kinect always being on and now it's been revealed that the One is going to be region locked.

Microsoft seem to be doing everything they can to fuck up this console launch.

I can see both the PS4 and One being over $400, my personal guesstimate - considering the hardware we know that's in each machine and Kinect/camera bar included with every console - would be $499.99.

Given the anti-consumerism, (likely) high retail price and anti-privacy I personally think that even if the One has the best E3 in Microsoft's history with the best software since sliced bread that the console is REALLY going to struggle to sell. I can't see it selling over 30m myself and may even struggle to beat the 21m sales that the GameCube managed.

What do you think..?

BS. Rumors have allready been addressed and debunked.

- Kinect can be turned off in privacy settings

- No fee for used games,

- Can still trade in games normally

Its just the once per day internet check in (which will be addressed I assure you), and the DRM (lending games to a friend without signing in to your own profile), which Sony is rumored to do themselves.

3 cons down, 2 to go (1 if Sony adopts DRM too, thus cancelling it out).

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

A) you shouldn't phrase the question one was in the poll and the exact opposite in the title. no one will know what anyone is saying.

i think the xbone will be able to outsell the GC easily. i think MS would change their policies before they let themselves flounder at retail.

Easily. They will be great at marketing it.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

sales2099 said:
making a Wii U beating Gamecube is more fitting.

You never know, Microsoft can easily fuck up. Just look at Nintendo, they tried something different with the Wii U and failed.

Don't get your hopes up. If the casuals don't go gaga all over the XOne, then it will fail to even sell as much as Gamecube. And don't forget Microsoft awful track record of 1st party games.