By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - $299 PS3? It's not a joke ...

Aj_habfan said:
It's good if you don't mind the small size/replacing with larger and the no wifi.

well i worked at toys r us... majority of customers are moms. you think they care about features or price? or if a dad hears a blu-ray player gamming device is selling for this price.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Dammit, just called around and no one in my area had them (only 2 within 5 miles of me). Screw you for getting my hopes up madskillz. >_>

You're my hero, Phoenix ... LOL

@ Baby Seal Dolla Dolla

Tell them about the PS3 listing on the Web. The price is for the 20gb and they'll have to honor that.

I wish you the best ... 

@ Nazatips

Yeah, wifi works great on my Wii, but I have 4 wireless routers that burned out on me yet the wired part of the router still works. I am not even on my Wii enough to start off with.

@ Madskillz: You can buy a Ethernet port for Wii that connects via USB for about $20. It also works for DS.

BTW, Franziska=HAWT

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Man. i wish i could get my hands on a 20 gig... i love the look... not a fan of Chrome or Silver.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
@ Madskillz: You can buy a Ethernet port for Wii that connects via USB for about $20. It also works for DS.

BTW, Franziska=HAWT

@ thekitchensink

I am hella cheap ... I won't pay that much for a wired adapter. Eventually, I'll get one.

@ Jessman

I was content with my swap - 360 games for a 40gb PS3 - but when I saw the 20gb PS3 - the guy I bought it from never played it, never had it online and it had one small smudge on it, plus he still had the original packaging - it's near mint. I have been on it since I got it. It's a pain to download demos - I can't download a demo while I'm watching a movie - but overall, it's different. Not better than the 360, but different. 

madskillz said:
Wifi is horrible for gaming and media sharing. Wired is tried and true, and I would actually opt for wired over wifi any day. And you can upgrade the drive. It is, with the 60gb PS3, the best PS3s made.

As an owner of all three consoles, I wish my Wii had a network connection. I trust wifi this -- much.

Give me wired FTW!

Actually, Wi-fi is very reliable, and its a hell of alot easier then plugging in cords, and setting a network, and what not. Especially wireless-N, really its up to your internet connection now-a-days. I mean if your wanted to transfer an entire harddrives worth of material, then yes, wired would be better, but for songs, a few videos, its fine. And considering Wireless-G runs at 54mbps, its plenty fast for even the fastest internet connection. 

So the arguement that wi-fi is horrible for gaming, completely false, I can host a 24 person server on Warhawk, with voice enabled on a 5mbps connection, thats plenty good, no lag, no problems. 

madskillz is gonna have me going to all the Toys R Us around me and near my job looking for a 20gb!

Dolla Dolla said:

WTF!

This Toys R Us near me said YES they have 20gb, but they are $500???

Christ, it was a clueless employee guaranteed. 

Call again and say "Hey ****nut, is that a 20 or 80 gig?"

If they say 20 and $500, direct them here:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2549777

Damn, links won't work for TrU. Just search "playstation 20gb" and the price is listed $299.98. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Dolla Dolla said:

WTF!

This Toys R Us near me said YES they have 20gb, but they are $500???

Christ, it was a clueless employee guaranteed.

Actually wifi is pretty good with a good braodband dsl connection and a good router. My games are laggless on my Wii so no problem for me.

BTW my router is a good distance away from my Wii and still no probs.