By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reasons Why Xbox 360 Will not sell the 25 mill it needs to get to 100

eh quite a few reasons that are not in fact not reasonable at all.

- That PS3 is above 360 now is completely irrelevant
- I don't get your third point either.
- Madden will be on 360 for many many years, but perhaps not with the Ignite engine. But that doesn't matter at all. Madden is not the hardware mover you make it out to be. Every iteration sells about 2.5m on 360.
GTA V should move more hardware than the last 5 Maddens combined.

So yeah you got one valid point.
Another much more point would be that hardware sales have been slowing down for the past 2 years.
Now we could still hear something about a $99 360 at E3 or maybe next year and we don't know how that could push the sales and we don't know how people will react to the prices of the next gen consoles.

Do you think that a person who doesn't have any console from the Wii/360/PS3 gen would get a PS4, Xbox One or WiiU at launch ? Surely not. Those that get a console within the first year are largely those who already own one or more consoles.
Just like PS2 sold more than the 360 when they were direct competitors, you can expect the PS3 and 360 to be still very relevant, when the next gen consoles launch.

Assuming a 25% drop for 360 sales this year, it should end at 83m in 2013. (current Jan-April YOY drop is 17%)

Around the Network

I believe x360 wont pass 100 mi, but besause other reasons.
1 - the offer of used x360 will increase cos the new xbox is coming and part of people who already have a x360 will sell it, so, less new x360 will be sold.
2 - new exclusives are coming to ps3, and not so many (or none maybe) to x360
3 - wii U will receive his mariokart/wii fit and perhaps a price cut, it would take the casual/familiar market, instead of x360's kinect.
my guess is 85~90 mi lifetime.

Zizzla_Rachet said:
sub-zero-TM said:
Xbox one is more like the ps3? what do you mean by that? Anyway back on the topic i don't think it will sell that much because there won't be anything to keep it alive that long,unlike the ps3 who has a good chance of reaching 100m, but still don't count on it.

From what I read Online and saw stream os the reveal...With the execption of proposed power behind the system...all the new notable features are thing that the PS3 already had..Like Game Installs and web browsing, blu-ray...

Wii, 360 and PS3 have web browsing.
PS3 doesn't have game installs, 360 has optional game installs though.
So only the Blu-ray part is correct as a "new" feature.

Which leads me to my second point.  What the hell were you watching/reading ?
They mentioned the Blu-ray drive once and that for not even a second. There was also no mention of game installs in the stream. Web browsing itself wasn't a feature they talked about, they showed how you can have multiple processes open at the same time and if anything they showed the Kinect voice control.