By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reasons Why Xbox 360 Will not sell the 25 mill it needs to get to 100

An asteroid will hit the planet extinguishing all human life.

Around the Network

I think he is trying to be sarcastic. Can't be serious with those reasons.

I think neither PS360 are likely to hit 100million. They have reached the stage of rapid sales decline in their life, and they effectively split the market of what's left between them. Also, Wii U may be priced low enough to damage their sales. Of the two, PS3 is more likley because it sells at a higher rate, but I would call both doubtful.

This thread went nowhere. :D

sub-zero-TM said:
Xbox one is more like the ps3? what do you mean by that? Anyway back on the topic i don't think it will sell that much because there won't be anything to keep it alive that long,unlike the ps3 who has a good chance of reaching 100m, but still don't count on it.

From what I read Online and saw stream os the reveal...With the execption of proposed power behind the system...all the new notable features are thing that the PS3 already had..Like Game Installs and web browsing, blu-ray...

Around the Network

I would say a better point is that the 360 really have any exclusives announced for it, that will make it harder for sales to be pushed towards the 100m

TheLastStarFighter said:
I think neither PS360 are likely to hit 100million. They have reached the stage of rapid sales decline in their life, and they effectively split the market of what's left between them. Also, Wii U may be priced low enough to damage their sales. Of the two, PS3 is more likley because it sells at a higher rate, but I would call both doubtful.

Your point on the Wii U was a reason I deleted before posting

3 consoles hitting 100m in the same gen would be amazing. Hell, 3 consoles hitting 75m is damn impressive. Good show from all 3 sides it's been.

4 ≈ One

Well they said half will come from replacements which is interesting cause they expect 12.5 million consoles to be replaced. Are they expecting a lot of 360's to stop working in the next few years? Also, if they lower the price then the console could sell quite well in developing markets. We'll just to have to see, but I think 25 million sounds more reasonable than their other prediction of 1 Billion Xbox One's, PS4's and WiiU's.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

The 360 probably won't reach 100M before MS stops producing it, but all your points are terrible.

I am the Playstation Avenger.