By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - None of the consoles are better than the other

famousringo said:
Wow, it's like I'm in grade 3 again and we all get a ribbon for "participation."

I never got a ribbon. :( Even when I would win I just got a certificate. Cheap f***ing country.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

Think what you want.  Im not going to play these petty games with you all.  I asked for this thread to be locked.  If you guys want to continue with the console wars fine.  Dont be respectful and this is just another thread to show the lack of respect on this site.  That isn't me acting like a victim, very simply put it is what I see as true.

It was only a silly comment sorry if it bothered you. I know that your intentions were good for this thread. But this forum is basically built on rivalry and competition. So what you're asking is not only too much to ask it's also unnecessary. 

JayWood2010 said:

I know a lot of you guys are really into the console wars and that is fine and all.  Afterall this is a sales site.  But please stop saying one console is better than the other.  There is certain facts out there that could be considered better than the other.  Example being specs in a console.  Yes the PS4 is more powerful than the WiiU for example but does that make it better?  No it does not.  Some people like the games more on WiiU than any game they would like on PS4.  And no they are not wrong, it is an opinion.  There is no right or wrong in opinions.  I for one will openly admit that I am a fanboy of games such as Halo, Gears, Uncharted, Metal Gear, and Pokemon.  This is the primary reason I joined with this site.  I wanted to see how well each game was selling.  But after lurking for about 3 years to being extremely active in the last 7 months I keep seeing people saying game A is better than game B, or Console A is better than Console B.  When really none are better than the other, they all come down to opinions.  It is ok to point out facts such as specs, metacritics, sales, etc.  I get all that, but do not be so arrogant to say your opinion is the only right one.  I love Halo but I won't say it is better than Mario Galaxy.  For one Mario Galaxy is an amazing game (while recieving an amazingly high metacritic), but it also comes down to if that person likes Mario Galaxy more than Halo and Vice versa.  We are all gamers here so can we calm down about what brand a console is and just focus on games that we truly do like.  I know this will not change anything but please be respectful of each others opinions and don't state your opinions as facts.

I fully agree with you on this tbh.

Sure one may look better game wise or one may have better on line but what its about is games and gameplay and they all cater for that in one way or another.

I was going to lock this anyways, seeing as this conversation was going nowhere fast.

But seeing as the OP wants it to be locked anyways, well, I suppose that makes the decision easier as well.

Talal said:
JayWood2010 said:

Think what you want.  Im not going to play these petty games with you all.  I asked for this thread to be locked.  If you guys want to continue with the console wars fine.  Dont be respectful and this is just another thread to show the lack of respect on this site.  That isn't me acting like a victim, very simply put it is what I see as true.

It was only a silly comment sorry if it bothered you. I know that your intentions were good for this thread. But this forum is basically built on rivalry and competition. So what you're doing is not only too much to ask it's also unnecessary.

It is fine, this thread paints a pretty clear picture of where the community stands.  Never had a problem with you and still don't.  Maybe it is unneccessary but being respectful of each other shouldn't be that big of a deal.