By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Builtlean: Can Fitness Protect You From Cancer?

FitLinks: Can Fitness Protect You From Cancer?


You can’t change your genes or your age, but you can control your fitness — which is exactly what new research shows can have significant impact on whether or not men develop cancer later in life. Many studies done previously show that exercise lowers the risk of cancer, but this one is one of the first to show it can also reduce the risk of dying from cancer. If you don’t already have numerous reasons to make it to the gym, this should definitely be a big motivator to keep in shape.

Articles this week also discuss a potential new food source proposed by the UN – bugs. We’ve also got some news on fish oils’ effects on the brain, high-energy snacks, and some awesome cookbooks from 2013 you can use to kick up your diet.

http://www.builtlean.com/2013/05/18/fitlinks-can-fitness-protect-you-from-cancer/



Around the Network

it can help prevent it, but no it wont save you.



 

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

I actually think that if you find it soon enough, you should try natural methods first. There has been a lot of success with them in the past decade.

But it is usually found too late and radiation is possibly the best route.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

fitness is always good, there is no real downside to being healthy



ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

spurgeonryan said:
I actually think that if you find it soon enough, you should try natural methods first. There has been a lot of success with them in the past decade.

But it is usually found too late and radiation is possibly the best route.


Well hopefully we find a cure for cancer soon.  Im hoping withn the next 10 years.  We have a promising method that is being tested right now on humans so hopefully it will pass.  I'd love to see a cure for cancer in my lifetime.  After you lose people to cancer it just becomes so real and you learn how horrible it is.  



Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
spurgeonryan said:
I actually think that if you find it soon enough, you should try natural methods first. There has been a lot of success with them in the past decade.

But it is usually found too late and radiation is possibly the best route.


Well hopefully we find a cure for cancer soon.  Im hoping withn the next 10 years.  We have a promising method that is being tested right now on humans so hopefully it will pass.  I'd love to see a cure for cancer in my lifetime.  After you lose people to cancer it just becomes so real and you learn how horrible it is.  

Are you for real?!? There is a cure for cancer many years ago, it just the fudging corrupted government not letting that happen!! Why, well I'll let you google that for yourself...

And what with the article, am I missing something?! It has an introduction then it cut out!! I wanna know what fish oil have effect on brain??!? They making it sound bad, cause I started taking fish oil 2 months ago!!!



I think some fish oil is actually bad. There was some sort of news latelysaying u shudeat the rght kind. sorry on my 3ds.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

I am going the vegetarian route i think. Even more bugs for all of you. Good alternative to fish oil is flaxseed oil. You can just add flax seed into your meals when cooking them too.



halil23 said:
JayWood2010 said:
spurgeonryan said:
I actually think that if you find it soon enough, you should try natural methods first. There has been a lot of success with them in the past decade.

But it is usually found too late and radiation is possibly the best route.


Well hopefully we find a cure for cancer soon.  Im hoping withn the next 10 years.  We have a promising method that is being tested right now on humans so hopefully it will pass.  I'd love to see a cure for cancer in my lifetime.  After you lose people to cancer it just becomes so real and you learn how horrible it is.  

Are you for real?!? There is a cure for cancer many years ago, it just the fudging corrupted government not letting that happen!! Why, well I'll let you google that for yourself...

And what with the article, am I missing something?! It has an introduction then it cut out!! I wanna know what fish oil have effect on brain??!? They making it sound bad, cause I started taking fish oil 2 months ago!!!


From what i know, Omega 3 and cod liver oil are the best fish oils for your brain/body.



Bradford City Fan for life

Recent favourite games: Ni No Kuni, Fifa 13, Batman Arkham City

Best games of all time: Pokemon Red, Dragon Warrior 3, The last of us, Uncharted 2 and 3

3ds friend code add me: 1950-8131-6814

PSN ID: Mr_Vezzo_Khanny - add to start a clan in the last of us mutiplayer

The usual kind of article, that takes one thing from actual studies and inflates them to prove a point they had before. It starts with the generalization: What kind of cancer? I for example had skin cancer (or maybe I still have it, who knows until it grows). That has nothing to do with fitness or what I eat, but with the solar radiation (yes, the sun). So maybe fitness have effects on some sorts of cancer in some circumstances, but if the article is generalizing in this way I clearly know they have no idea and only write that to promote something they want to promote - in this case doing exercises.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year], [1], [2], [3], [4]