By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor from NeoGaf regarding Nintendo Direct!

snowdog said:
badgenome said:

He also said one of the working titles for the Mario game was Retroverse, so it sounds like it would be (I'm assuming 3D) reimaginings of classic levels from the old games or something. Which would be pretty fucking awesome...

... if this guy weren't a total crackpot, which he almost definitely is.

Edit: Oh, and Retro's game is supposedly StarTropics U. LOL.

Bloody hell, there's a guy on Gaf, who's name slips my memory for the moment, that would probably have heart failure caused by an overdose of happiness if Retro are working on a Star Tropics game lol.

Lol, AceBandage. Star Tropics is what he was hoping for when the "something everyone wants us to do" rumour came out.

Got perma-banned anyways. Doesn't matter.

Around the Network

I for one would embrace Star Tropics U. I don't know the older games so its basically a new IP in my book. I think its a good thing if Nintendo reinvents some forgotten IP Kid Icarus style.

It would also mean it's not a shooter, right? I don't like shooters that much.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Da hell is Star Tropics?

Half sounds plausible, and the other seem far fetched...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

The trouble is, most of this guy's "info" could be written by any well-informed, up-to-date Nintendo fan.  It's just vague enough that almost any of us could write it up and have most of it seem convincing.

Obviously, the info about Mario and Zelda in particular is just common sense. "Big, grand adventure.   Makes use of GamePad.  Been in development since finishing the last 3D Mario."  I mean, duh. Obviously. If the new game didn't meet any of those requirements it would be unusual.

Zelda... 2015. Yes, probably. Since Iwata and Aonuma were concerned enough about the wait that they decided to tide people over with a full Wind Waker HD remake. It stands to reason, it probably is a 2015 title.  Supposed to the "grandest in the series", "may or may not be in the E3 Direct."  Come on.  This is all info we pretty much already know, as people who have been with Nintendo for a long time and have come to understand how they operate the production of their top franchises.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Play4Fun said:
snowdog said:
badgenome said:

He also said one of the working titles for the Mario game was Retroverse, so it sounds like it would be (I'm assuming 3D) reimaginings of classic levels from the old games or something. Which would be pretty fucking awesome...

Bloody hell, there's a guy on Gaf, who's name slips my memory for the moment, that would probably have heart failure caused by an overdose of happiness if Retro are working on a Star Tropics game lol.

Lol, AceBandage. Star Tropics is what he was hoping for when the "something everyone wants us to do" rumour came out.

Got perma-banned anyways. Doesn't matter.

Only the best posters get perma-banned... :o( I got done because nobody on there has a sense of humour lol.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
badgenome said:

Startropics sure is an IP that people were demanding. Yeah... like totally.

It was second only to Kid Icarus, and a half step up from Ice Climbers!

Screamapillar said:

The trouble is, most of this guy's "info" could be written by any well-informed, up-to-date Nintendo fan.  It's just vague enough that almost any of us could write it up and have most of it seem convincing.

Obviously, the info about Mario and Zelda in particular is just common sense. "Big, grand adventure.   Makes use of GamePad.  Been in development since finishing the last 3D Mario."  I mean, duh. Obviously. If the new game didn't meet any of those requirements it would be unusual.

Zelda... 2015. Yes, probably. Since Iwata and Aonuma were concerned enough about the wait that they decided to tide people over with a full Wind Waker HD remake. It stands to reason, it probably is a 2015 title.  Supposed to the "grandest in the series", "may or may not be in the E3 Direct."  Come on.  This is all info we pretty much already know, as people who have been with Nintendo for a long time and have come to understand how they operate the production of their top franchises.

I remember the 3D mario team started work on Mario U as soon as they where finished with 3D Land not after Galaxy 2

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Sounds good, whether much of this is true. Nintendo is bound to have a great show lined up

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

For all the "WTF is Startropics?" folks. It was an action/adventure game that came pretty late in the NES's life. Basically Zelda with yo-yos, submarines, amazon tribes and aliens (fuck yeah!).

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
For all the "WTF is Startropics?" folks. It was an action/adventure game that came pretty late in the NES's life. Basically Zelda with yo-yos, submarines, amazon tribes and aliens (fuck yeah!).

Yeah, this defiantely is the games we want a sequel made by Retro...