By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Retail sources detail how pre-owned sales will work on Xbox One

as long as it does not cost the gamer extra money, Then I am all good with the xbox one in this regard

Around the Network
Nsanity said:

Saw this over on NeoGaf

A gamer walks into a retailer and hands over the game they wish to sell. This will only be possible at retailers who have agreed to Microsoft’s T&Cs and more importantly integrated Microsoft’s cloud-based Azure pre-owned system into its own.

The game is then registered as having been trade-in on Microsoft’s system. The consumer who handed it over will subsequently see the game wiped from their account – hence the until now ambiguous claim from Phil Harrison that the Xbox One would have to ‘check in’ to Microsoft’s servers every 24 hours.

The retailer can then sell the pre-owned game at whatever price they like, although as part of the system the publisher of the title in question will automatically receive a percentage cut of the sale. As will Microsoft. The retailer will pocket the rest.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/publishers-to-receive-cut-of-xbox-one-pre-owned-sales-at-retail/0116137

let me get this straight

if you trade in a game its wiped from your account? and you have to kinda re-licence it back if ever you fancy having a play on titles you had before?

this is bollocks TBH

im telling you now if sonys upcoming PS4 has a silimiar feature set then theres no chance il be purchasing either

what of the small indy gameshops? i can only imagine larger outlets going into a crooked scheme like this, GAME etc

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:

let me get this straight

if you trade in a game its wiped from your account? and you have to kinda re-licence it back if ever you fancy having a play on titles you had before?

this is bollocks TBH

im telling you now if sonys upcoming PS4 has a silimiar feature set then theres no chance il be purchasing either

what of the small indy gameshops? i can only imagine larger outlets going into a crooked scheme like this, GAME etc

Ummm...if you sell one of your PS3/360 games would you expect to be able to still play it on your system?

The X1 games will be installed on your system once you insert the game disc in. After that you can just keep your game disc in it's case as it's not needed. If you then sold the game it will be wiped from your account, so you won't be able to play that "installed game" anymore. If you sell your PS4 game would expect to still be able to play it?

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

And ms forces its own proprietary azure system on all gamestops.
Sony, please take advantage of this.
The opportunity is so very ripe.

Nothing has been confirmed, so i have added rumor to the the title.

Around the Network

This is perfectly fine. I often trade in unwanted games because I breeze though them quickly so I can move onto the next game. That way I rarely ever have a ''backlog'' that a lot of gamers have these days.

Believe me, this is very smart and other companies will eventually follow suit, even for bluray type media.

That's huge for 3rd parties who feel cheated from the used games market, and could be big for Xbox one Support with game companies now knowing they will get a cut of the used games sales market.

if gamestop only gets 10% of the transaction, then you can bet they will try to get more money from the original sale (new game). The publisher will have to give up some money or the asking price goes up, from $60 to $70. Dark times ahead indeed.

M$ are so greedy man.....They already make a killing! I can understand the publishers taking a cut but why does M$ need to take another cut?

Checking every 24 hours is unnecessary. Why not just check when registering a new game to the system?

What exactly happens if you dont check in every 24 hours? Are they going to lock you out and hold the content you payed for hostage as if gamers are criminals?