By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft patents living room monitoring: More viewers = pay more $$$

DirtyP2002 said:
German journalism at its worst.
As if Spiegel knows anything about this industry...

deutsche forumsteilnehmer der schlimmsten Sorte.Nicht mal in der Lage einen recherchierten Bericht samt patentangabe zu kapieren.

als ob du etwas von videospielen wüsstest.

Around the Network

Da fuck, I'm am seriously regretting supporting MS with the last 2 consoles, they are destroying the gaming industry

Sony owns quite a lot of anti-consumer patents aswell (some of them have been discussed here, like Blu-ray discs which can identify the device that used them first and refuse to work in a different one - or dynamic adds that have to disabled by shouting "McDonalds") - I hope neither them nor Microsoft ever make use of those.

well, they won't use it but companies still have patents for every stuff. better have them as not. same with that weid patent where you have to stand up and do something to end the burger ad. not sure if it was a microsoft or sony patent.

but crazy what you can patent.

SxyxS said:
DirtyP2002 said:
German journalism at its worst.
As if Spiegel knows anything about this industry...

deutsche forumsteilnehmer der schlimmsten Sorte.Nicht mal in der Lage einen recherchierten Bericht samt patentangabe zu kapieren.

als ob du etwas von videospielen wüsstest.

XD

*Am Popcorn holen*

Around the Network

old

its just a patent. just like sony's anti-used game patents... doesn't mean much until they actually do something with it.

besides you could wear a box..... made out of mirrors?

BasilZero said:

living room monitoring

Damn...NiKKoM cant play his games anymore while naked.

Ow please.. you really think this would stop me playing Just Dance naked? I can't lose the advantage I have with my "third leg"

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

So that's why Kinect is bundled with every XboxOne ;) Split screen anyone ? :)

Wow just freaking wow, this week has been brutal for every Xbox fan - me included

WHAT THA HELL IS HAPPENING MS!?!?
If this gets implemented - which I hope it certainly does not -among all other things then the Xbox One business will die a painful death