By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Turok Review (IGN)

@ Squall

Its not BS. More than %51 (Hence most) games look better on the 360 than they do on the PS3.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I wasn't aware that 7.0 and 7.3 were bad...

How the f is 7.0 bad. Since 5 is average and 10 is the best game ever, 7 really isnt that bad.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

twesterm said:
I wasn't aware that 7.0 and 7.3 were bad...

who said it was? It just didnt meet certain expectations...for me at least

Yeah, 7 is pretty much par for the Turok course.

I'm sure it will satisfy the lizard-bashing videogame niche rather nicely.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

Loved the N64 Turok - be a great VC title if it ever hits.

The 2nd game was ultra hyped - yet it sucked. It made so many bad design decisions, it killed the game - even with the memory expansion used.

Lost interest after that.

Turok Evolution(?) - last gen title on all platforms - is considered one of the biggest jokes ever. I have it (a $10 purchase) just for a laugh.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Yeah, after Turok 2 seeds of evil, all the turoks after that were very average console FPS. I had a little hope for this one, but I always do with each turok. Good, but far from the greatness of the first two (which were insanely awesome in their day).

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Munkeh111 said:
@ madskills, it's one day, I'm sure they wont care
However, it started promisingly, had a good concept, but lacked the delivery, however, I was never particularly interested in this game

LOL ... yeah, the developers/ PR firms do care, otherwise they wouldn't state it on the review kit. Losers ...

I haven't played it yet but I'll have something done by Monday. 

As hyped as this game is getting this could serve to damage the genre.

Turok is one of those franchises that need a long vacation. The last one I played (on PS2) was as bad as FPSs can get.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."