By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Turok Review (IGN)

I don't know, I couldn't keep the demo on my PS3 for more than 30 minutes. After some stupid dialog and one liners, I didn't have it in me to keep going.

Around the Network

UT3 apart (going by reviews only) has any U3 engine based game ran well on PS3?

It seems that, Epic's own tinkering (with I believe Sony's input) with the engine for UT3 aside, most developers building games on U3 are unable to produce good results on PS3 architecture.

I checked out Turok demo and deleted it after 5 minutes play (Area 51 or whatever it was called got the same treatment) - the game just looked 'meh' and didn't engage at all compared to something like Uncharted or COD4.

Of course U3 is very popular engine particularly for FPS and similar (GOW) style games, so unless Epic get a version of the engine tuned for PS3 and in their licencees hands, I suspect that for quite a while yet PS3 versions of FPS games based on the engine are not going to look nearly as pretty as they should.

Thoughts?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

actaully I rented this.. there is no screen tearing in the PS3 version so WTF is greg talking about.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

The game got two points higher then it should of, the demo was one of the worst things i have played this gen.

Regarding the U3 engine, is epic not being sued for making a shitty engine that does not work right. Part of the suit is also that Epic is not giving people what they want, from what i heard they are using a modified U3 engine to make Gears and UT3, and telling people they made them with the engine they are selling.

New fresh setting for the franchise, that's not bad.

I've got the touch!!

Around the Network
CDiablo said:
How the f is 7.0 bad. Since 5 is average and 10 is the best game ever, 7 really isnt that bad.

Actually 7 is average.  when it comes to review scores now a days.  Actually it's more like 7.5.