By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 18th may global HW up

I wonder when the Wii U will be selling worse than the 360 at the same point in time? Kitler your awesome thread that no one ever bumps would help.  

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=155389&page=1#30

Around the Network
osed125 said:
Yakuzaice said:

Uh, Nintendo Land sold more in the US than the Wii U did in all of NA?  That doesn't really make sense.

NintendoLand can be bought separately. So it does makes sense.

That doesn't mean it makes sense.  Even if 100% of Wii U's sold in the US were with Nintendo Land, that means another 2,307 units of Nintendo Land were sold.  Considering it has traditionally trailed hardware sales, it doesn't seem very likely that it is suddenly outpacing hardware sales by a relatively large margin.  Especially when hardware sales are down 19% since three weeks ago, yet Nintendo Land sales are up 33%.

Both America and Europe beats Japan for 3DS sales, I think we haven't seen that in a long time...

Obviously, we need to wait for NPD and adjustments before fully making this claim.

But I just had a quick scan through Vita & Wii-U's weekly sales since their global launches, and both of them hit all-time-lows this week (if numbers to be believed).

Vita

Low this week: 30,038.

Previous low was: 30,937 on 26/01/13 (Note: I haven't included the period from December-February 2012 when it was only available in Japan).

Wii-U

Low this week: 23,819.

Previous low was: 25,979 on 11/05/13 (last week).  Before that, the lowest I could find was 28,413 on 16/03/13.

Both games have titles coming out next week (Valhalla Knights in Japan for Vita; Resident Evil Revelations worldwide for Wii-U) so I don't expect them to drop any further at least in the next week.

But for all the flak Vita took last year for selling terribly, it never had & still isn't having weekly sales as bad as Wii-U is currently experiencing.

July can't come around soon enough for Wii-U.

(Pending NPD-shaped adjustments, of course)

PS3 is holding up well in Europe.

PSP selling more than PSV + WiiU in Europe = Ouch

Around the Network

LMAO! Why is the PSP kicking Wii U's and Vita's ass!?!?

Xbox selling more in Europe than the US. This generation is dying quickly in the US it seems.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Dear lord, the Wii U is doing horrible. I seriously hope it does not fall below 20K.

ethomaz said:
Mummelmann said:
Are we allowed to say that the Wii U is in real trouble? Outsold by PSP, Vita and the Wii in one week, that's harsh.

I'm starting to think that neither Mario or Pokémon will save Wii U.

Pokemon was never going to, but I see no reason why Mario wouldn't. 

But they are so, so poor.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Troll_Whisperer said:
Xbox selling more in Europe than the US. This generation is dying quickly in the US it seems.

Yeah, but the US also buys more consoles initially. Market saturation could very likely happen sooner here. That or Europe is turing into 360 territory.