By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Global Warming Debunked?

Earth goes through warming periods and that's what I believe is happening now. I also find it funny how the United States government and other governments around the world are trying to push Carbon taxes, are you serious?

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Man probably has very little part in the current climate change. It is just something that happens every 100 years or every century or so. We are getting warmer. So technically, that is global warming. Droughts and what not. But it is mainly due to natural causes. Not due to your Porche's emissions.

And what evidence do you provide to support your claim? Because scientists have a massive amount of evidence disagreeing with you.

spurgeonryan said:
What are you on about now? You really blame "Global Warming" on Man? Do I really need to send you hundreds of links to prove that this is not the case? Or are you talking about something else?

I'm really not going to get into this on a video game board, but I'll just say this - look into ACTUAL scientific research. Not pseudoscientific nonsense articles that support your preconceived view, but real research. Ignore the politicians on both sides. Ignore the media. Look at REAL research. Inform yourself of the actual facts, and then reevaluate your opinion - you may just surprise yourself.

There is enough evidence to confirm that the world is getting warmer by itself and that we have in reality little impact on the temperature.

The planet has changed global temperatures many times, we just happened to live in a few thousand phase of temperate climate. Lucky us, not so much for the future.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Its almost June.

Im sat in the car and its been hailstoning for 10 minutes.

Global... warming?

Around the Network
Kynes said:

CO2 is not a pollutant.

Wow, talk about picking the bit that doesn't matter. No, CO2 isn't a pollutant in the mannor you are thinking, it's naturally produced by us and other animals,  I was never saying it was. The subject of the first post was about CO2's effects and I used that in my question but CO2, like said above, about isn't the only produce of burning fossil fuels.

Although that said CO2 is having an adverse effect of the world's seas as a pollutant.

Hmm, pie.

Aielyn said:
Ah, scientific ignorance combined with inability to actually read what is written in an article comes together nicely to become a climate change "skeptic"s perfect storm, pun intended.

The article says that those molecules serve to reflect heat in the upper atmosphere back into space - they form a layer between the upper and lower atmosphere, and reflect heat in both directions. So if these molecules are preventing excess heat in the upper atmosphere from entering the lower atmosphere, what do you think it's doing to excess heat in the lower atmosphere?

Even an elementary grasp of science would be enough to be able to comprehend this. Sadly, people who run around going "Global Warming Debunked!" typically don't have even a partial grasp on science.

I absolutely agree. The actual NASA link provided in the article doesn't say anything about debunking global warming. It just says Co2 helps reflect heat. It is the interpretation of the author that bothered me and i put this up to see what everyone else thought. 

spurgeonryan said:
No need. It is not only Man made reasons.

Your wording is a little unclear. Are you saying that "man-made reasons aren't the entire reason"? If so, then true - man-made reasons are merely one factor. But they're a large factor.

If you're saying "Man made reasons aren't true", then again, I ask you to actually look into the real research, rather than starting with your own opinion and assuming that real experts are stupid.

Aielyn said:
spurgeonryan said:
What are you on about now? You really blame "Global Warming" on Man? Do I really need to send you hundreds of links to prove that this is not the case? Or are you talking about something else?

I'm really not going to get into this on a video game board, but I'll just say this - look into ACTUAL scientific research. Not pseudoscientific nonsense articles that support your preconceived view, but real research. Ignore the politicians on both sides. Ignore the media. Look at REAL research. Inform yourself of the actual facts, and then reevaluate your opinion - you may just surprise yourself.

Funny that can apply to console wars, too.

Galaki said:
Aielyn said:

Funny that can apply to console wars, too.

True. And that's why, for instance, I posted in the "Wii U name" thread on the microsoft board to emphasise that it was a stupid thread (suggesting that MS fans should be "apologising for making that claim now").