By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I the only one who doesn't understand people saying the PS4 reveal was amazing compared to Xbox One?

Rudisha said:
@prof

The fact that Sony wasn't ready is just a testament to the fact that they're not as professional as Mcrosoft. Also even though Microsoft was ready, that doesn't meant their e3 won't be huge. Have you heard about the fifteen exclusives? I would bet every dollar i own that e3 will be better for Microsoft. Sony just can't compete.

Microsoft had no live demos. Tell me who is ready now? I wonder where some priorities are as a gamer.The only A game Microsoft brought to their events were their eneterainment options which took up like thirty-seven minutes out of an hour. Sonys conference took longer than an hour and it featured games.

Microsoft better bring it to E3 with more than five AAA exclusives, because I know Sony will. 

Around the Network

I fail to see how inFamous was expected in anyway, considering the very definitive ending of inFamous 2.

Of course feel that Sony's console reveal was better. They had a goal they set to accomplish and they did. They had games playable which showed the power of the console - even if the actual console was not shown but that is a moot point as that's the least interesting thing about a console -; they have shown how they have improved their relationship with developers which generally translates into a stable flow of new games for the console; they had good specs, no controversial problems raised and have concentrated on the core audience which generally is the one that watches these first ever reveals. Not average meat-head Joe, but gamers that stay up and logged on just to see what their future hobby will look like.

Sony came on stage and said: We will bring you games and more of the same experience you get on the PlayStation 3. Which, considering recent years, really isn't a bad thing at all. Sony seem to have learned that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

By comparison Microsoft wasted an hour of our life with zero gameplay shown and the only new game they actually showed featured a live action kid and ZERO gameplay once again. Call of Duty Ghosts - expected, also multiplat as HELL.
Forza 5, again completely expected, it's their main car franchise. Zero risk taken.
Sports games? Multiplat as ALL HELL! You'll probably get those games even on the DS, so that was the most pointless part of it all.
And us gamers had to sit through one hour of a cable box presentation that for people outside of America basically means nothing at this point. I highly doubt RDS here will have any sort of agreement with Microsoft over those features.
The whole conference felt like the last minutes of Square Enix's presentation over at Sony: "Please be excited, we're bringing stuff, cross our hearts and hope to die".

Well, focusing on the mass market works well and dandy...just look at the Wii now. It's a bit sad how quickly companies forget who it actually was that got them where they are now.
The PlayStation 3 wasn't pulled back from irrelevance by TV features, social networking, twitter, facebook and watching live TV through your console...it was pulled back from that point by a continuous stream of games that had appealed to gamers.
Let's make everything appeal to the mass market...it's working absolutely great for this entertainment business so far, no?

Before anyone gets their panties in an unpleasant bunch, I am strictly talking about the reveals and how they translate to some of us. What the actual consoles will be, we'll see. But for now, this is how things felt.

No, you're not.

maximrace said:
UnitSmiley said:
maximrace said:
Ben, look @ who is bashing the console and reveal. It's mostly people who wouldn't buy it in the first place.

There are a LOT of xbox fans who are also pissed at Microsoft.

They aren't bashing the reveal, they are just mad about the info leaked afterwards

A lot of people on various sites were upset with the reveal for focusing on non gaming related things. A lot of hate came afterwards too, but the reveal itself has its fair share as well.

The PS4 enthusiasts say it was amazing I guess.
There was one thing though. Eurogamer/Didital Foundry was speculating a few weeks before the reveal that 8GB of GDDR5 is out of the question because nobody did that before and it would be too expensive and it's basically not happening. In light of that, the announcement that the PS4 will carry 8GB od GDDR5 was quite amazing at the time.
Other that that no, there wasn't anything unexpected or amazing. I hope they still have something amazing for E3.

Around the Network
ithis said:
The PS4 enthusiasts say it was amazing I guess.
There was one thing though. Eurogamer/Didital Foundry was speculating a few weeks before the reveal that 8GB of GDDR5 is out of the question because nobody did that before and it would be too expensive and it's basically not happening. In light of that, the announcement that the PS4 will carry 8GB od GDDR5 was quite amazing at the time.
Other that that no, there wasn't anything unexpected or amazing. I hope they still have something amazing for E3.

No one said Sonys show was amazing but they fulfill the objective to show what next gen entails for videogames. Microsoft failed on all fronts with that objective. Microsoft had a better showing for being an entertainment console, but my family already has the dish network and an Xbox that is dependent on a Kinect is not always my bag. I like Dance Central but thats about the only thing I like about Kinect because I dance.

personally I would rate the PS4 reveal a 7/10 - It was good, but not overwhelming with the exception of the deep down tech demo, but yea, that was a tech demo, yet the conference left me with a good feeling that Sony is in a good position to deliever a lot of good games and improved in the areas the PS3 wasn't all that good in (especially "imidiacy", many services just need to loooong to load).

the XBone reveal, well that's a 4/10 for me - The TV and multitasking options were polished and fast and I liked the promise of 15 exclusives (8 new IPs) in the first year, but only 2 were shown and nothing really looked like gameplay (maybe ~3 secs of the CoD trailer ?). There was much buzz and very little beef to this one.

Games >>>> TV TV and TV and TV series and TV sports and TV and blah blah useless features

The xbox reveal was a console reveal.the PS4 reveal was a controller reveal it wasnt great at all as for the ps4 games shown knack looks like it could be on ps3 and killzone and infamous are games i dont like . i do look forward to see what ND can do with ps4 though.

Lafiel said:
personally I would rate the PS4 reveal a 7/10 - It was good, but not overwhelming with the exception of the deep down tech demo, but yea, that was a tech demo, yet the conference left me with a good feeling that Sony is in a good position to deliever a lot of good games and improved in the areas the PS3 wasn't all that good in (especially "imidiacy", many services just need to loooong to load).

the XBone reveal, well that's a 4/10 for me - The TV and multitasking options were polished and fast and I liked the promise of 15 exclusives (8 new IPs) in the first year, but only 2 were shown and nothing really looked like gameplay (maybe ~3 secs of the CoD trailer ?). There was much buzz and very little beef to this one.

Pretty much this, sony's was a good reminder of why I choose to play on PlayStation.