By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First time in my life, I might be a single console owner next gen.

JoeFlex said:

Understandable, but you do realize the individual responsible for the great majority of those mistakes related to the PS3 has been renounced many years ago, right? Sony has been making the best of the situation they had, and in my opinion, they've been doing a find job. With that said, with him gone, their 'new vision' for the future and the unprecedented praise and support the PS4 is getting, I do not think the PS4's opening will be akin to the PS3's.

As for the fanbase ... well to be honest, I dislike the great majority of Sony/Microsoft and Nintendo gamers I meet. In fact, I only like my real gaming friends. But that will not deter me from picking up either of the systems from the aforementioned companies. These consoles should be bought for what they provide, and not based on the reactions of a small fraction of gamers on the internet. Even some Sony fans don't get along and can't stand each other. They're different, and the most extreme ones are usually attracted to forums like this one.

Wii U ... good luck with that one. I intend to get one, but I do not see that system getting much support. 3rd parties are already excluding it because it lacks the technological wherewithal, and others because of relatively poor sales or the relatively poor relations Nintendo has with them. To each his own, but I could not game on a Wii U exclusively, and that's where the other systems come in.

I'll be getting all systems. I'm giving Microsoft a chance, but if they fuck up I'll pass. For now it's X1, PS4 and Wii U.

Well said, good Sir.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

I'm with ya.. Well technically it'll be Wii U/PC. I not really into Sonys games and MS seems to be doing everything I'm their power to drive me away with their anti consumer console. I MAY get a PS4 in like 2016, but I'm certain I'll never get an Xbone. The extent they are pushing the DRM with this console is just extremely off putting and concerning to me.

The industry at large is moving in a direction I don't like, and do not want to follow

Metallicube said:

I'm with ya.. Well technically it'll be Wii U/PC. I not really into Sonys games and MS seems to be doing everything I'm their power to drive me away with their anti consumer console. I MAY get a PS4 in like 2016, but I'm certain I'll never get an Xbone. The extent they are pushing the DRM with this console is just extremely off putting and concerning to me.

The industry at large is moving in a direction I don't like, and do not want to follow

I'm a very old school gamer and for the first time I'm not excited about the future of gaming. Like Rol said earlier the future of gaming is not looking so good.

The future of gaming has "not looked so good" since years back when this trend of companies only focusing on "AAA" blockbuster releases really became the prerogative of the industry, and most of THOSE became some type of "realistic" shooter game of some fashion or another. The industry at large has lost most of it's imagination and ambition, as far as I'm concerned, and as far as I'm also concerned, the industry becoming dominated/heavily influenced by "Western Developers" hasn't exactly gone all that well either.

Your loss if you don't want to get a Playstation.

Perhaps go for a PC if you want all the 3rd party software, because you sure as hell aren't going to get the best offerings on the wiiu.

Around the Network

i'm a sony fan so i apologise,i didn't know i had that affect,

i'm an old school gamer too,i remember the zx-81 being brought home and down the arcade in the 80's,BBC micro/acorn computers,spectrum,atari,commodore ,amiga,amstrad that is how i was brought up on gaming

Above & Beyond

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

you cant buy a ps4 cause ps fans pissed you, ok ...

You know that this is a legitimate reason?   When a specific group of people is arrogant  then not being part of the same group to not be viewed the same way is totally normal. I mean people within a company that is doing bullshit (whatever it might be) often quit their jobs because they cant stand those business practices anymore and dont want to be a part of it anymore.

This also works the other way around why do you think so many people want to be stars? Because that specific group of people is associated with fame, money, power, success etc.  So alot of people want to become famous.

Next time please at least TRY to understand him okay?.....

zuvuyeay said:
i'm a sony fan so i apologise,i didn't know i had that affect,

i'm an old school gamer too,i remember the zx-81 being brought home and down the arcade in the 80's,BBC micro/acorn computers,spectrum,atari,commodore ,amiga,amstrad that is how i was brought up on gaming

One person doesn't have a affect, so no need to apologise.

People are making fun of you but i totally understand bonkers555. You should do what you feel confortable with.

Just cause you have a Playstation doesnt mean you have to agree with everyone who owns one. I have had a 360 since year one and i have been extremely pissed off at Microsoft for the last two years and now more than ever. I went for the 360 at the time because Sony was beeing arrogant and deserved the wake up call. Now they seem to have learned.

Maybe you can think like that aswell. Judge Playstation for the games and for Sony. Ignore the dumb fans that sometime pop up and try to hype every game like its the second coming of Jesus. There are many good games that are indeed worth the atention at the end of the day.

Why should the fans of a particular company ever stop you from getting the console? That's beyond stupid of a reason to not play the games you want imo.