By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FIFA 14 Ultimate Team will arrive on PS4, EA confirm

The PS4 edition of EA Sports' flagship title FIFA 14 will include the popular Ultimate Team mode, EA has confirmed to CVG.

A statement made by Andrew Wilson on Tuesday suggested that the feature would beexclusive to Microsoft's divisive next-gen console, Xbox One. But an EA representative has since told CVG that "Ultimate Team is being developed for both Xbox One and PS4".

EA previously revealed it had netted $108 million in additional revenue from the Ultimate Team mode in FIFA 12, which allows players to trade football stars online. With FIFA 13, EA recorded a 61 per cent growth in total Ultimate Team players.

Xbox One will carry some exclusive Ultimate Team features, which remain unannounced. Speculation among fans is the Xbox game will include a unique set of player trading cards, or an increased volume of one-off cards, like the recent Player of the Season.

FIFA 14 on next-gen consoles will debut the new Ignite Engine, said to boast more than 1000 new animations, a fifth of which are dedicated to celebrating goals.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/408369/fifa-14-ultimate-team-will-arrive-on-ps4-ea-confirms/

Around the Network

That was already know...

The exclusive Microsoft deal is the Special Ultimate Team.

ethomaz said:
That was already know...

The exclusive Microsoft deal is the Special Ultimate Team.

There have been lots of reports of it being exclusive from people who didn't listen properly

It is probably good to get everyone actually listening to this, EA won't take a huge money maker away from their best selling game on the most important platform for them

There was just no need for EA to be present yesterday, especially to talk about sports games on top of all the TV sport content that was being talked about. When its getting the most minor exclusive DLC to not even matter.

Crazy.

Fifa players, could this be a big thing for the european market (Sony's territory)?

I only play PES so I don't know what ultimate team is.

Around the Network

geez.. people should stop get all kinds of misinformation by watching shitty streams..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Xenostar said:
There was just no need for EA to be present yesterday, especially to talk about sports games on top of all the TV sport content that was being talked about. When its getting the most minor exclusive DLC to not even matter.

Crazy.

It did feel more like a PR pitch from EA than them actaully showing off their next gen games for MSes platform - felt like the usual bullshit we'd have to listen to during EA's own conference at E3. If I was MS I'd have asked them to show something more concrete with all the time given to them (just like Squeenix @ Sony's conference..) 

Rafux said:
Fifa players, could this be a big thing for the european market (Sony's territory)?

I only play PES so I don't know what ultimate team is.

So ultimate team is some card trading game. It is apparently the most popular mode in the game, but more importantly, it is filled with microtransactions.

I don't play it, so don't count this as 100% fact, but I think it works like this. You get random cards containing players and you make a team out of that. You then play matches against people online and get more cards. The money comes from people spending real money to get actual cards. Apparently EA earned $100m from just this mode in FIFA (maybe as much as $10 per user!)

The mode is now in Madden and others and is being introduced to NCAA this year. The mode is very important to EA, but this is clearly not actually anything important. As I said in my other post, they sell the most on PS3 and they are not going to comprimise such a large source of revenue

Xenostar said:

Crazy.

FIFA has traditionally been a Playstation associated product, massively outselling the Xbox version.

So it was entirely appropriate.

fillet said:
Xenostar said:

Crazy.

FIFA has traditionally been a Playstation associated product, massively outselling the Xbox version.

So it was entirely appropriate.

And this showing at the xbox one reveal will not have any affect on that. It was a strange EA pitch in what should of been a console reveal, if they think dlc on a minor trading card sub game in fifa is an unprecedented partnership, well im speechless.