By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Never let it be said that I am not a gamer first and foremost.

Machiavellian said:
theprof00 said:
Dodece it isn't even like that. You're assuming what sony will do based on what ms did, and if I can be frank as well, I could see this coming just from looking at the 360 and their policies regarding that.
Sony won't make this mistake, sure they may be pressured by ea, but you know what, at least they didn't impose this required system. And its likely that only companies like ea will do it, which imo aren't great devs to begin with.
Other companies won't, and this is actually their chance for devs to learn a hard lesson while everything else will sell normally, and they'll be boycotted.

But sure sonyspurned you once. But I won't let you make wild accusations based on assumptions that we could instead have answers to in two weeks.

Why do people act like Sony does not have DRM in place.  If Sony supports DRM from the publisher then the system has DRM to enforce such measures.  What we have not received from Sony is how will this be implemented.  Sony has been very craggy on not providing this information and a lot of people are giving them a pass without complete knowledge.

And a lot of people are criticizing them similarly. Can we not just wait to see what they say?

I don't know why you're twisting my words as if I'm a "person who acts like sony doesn't have DRM in place". I said let's wait and see, and also that even if they did, they made it optional, LIKELY because a lot of devs are against it, and shit companies like EA are for it. So Sony did the SMART thing, and said 'do whatever you want EA, your funeral', instead of making this mandatory across all games.

If Dodece is upset by what MS is doing, there is literally no reason to be mad at Sony since they took every step to make EVERYONE happy, not shitting all over everyone to appease EA. K?

EDIT: Secondly, if dodece is a gamer first and foremost, why skip PS4? If PS4 doesn't have this DRM, I WILL say he is not a gamer first and foremost, because it would mean that first and foremost, he will not be supporting a company who supports the customers.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Machiavellian said:
theprof00 said:
Dodece it isn't even like that. You're assuming what sony will do based on what ms did, and if I can be frank as well, I could see this coming just from looking at the 360 and their policies regarding that.
Sony won't make this mistake, sure they may be pressured by ea, but you know what, at least they didn't impose this required system. And its likely that only companies like ea will do it, which imo aren't great devs to begin with.
Other companies won't, and this is actually their chance for devs to learn a hard lesson while everything else will sell normally, and they'll be boycotted.

But sure sonyspurned you once. But I won't let you make wild accusations based on assumptions that we could instead have answers to in two weeks.

Why do people act like Sony does not have DRM in place.  If Sony supports DRM from the publisher then the system has DRM to enforce such measures.  What we have not received from Sony is how will this be implemented.  Sony has been very craggy on not providing this information and a lot of people are giving them a pass without complete knowledge.

And a lot of people are criticizing them similarly. Can we not just wait to see what they say?

I don't know why you're twisting my words as if I'm a "person who acts like sony doesn't have DRM in place". I said let's wait and see, and also that even if they did, they made it optional, LIKELY because a lot of devs are against it, and shit companies like EA are for it. So Sony did the SMART thing, and said 'do whatever you want EA, your funeral', instead of making this mandatory across all games.

If Dodece is upset by what MS is doing, there is literally no reason to be mad at Sony since they took every step to make EVERYONE happy, not shitting all over everyone to appease EA. K?

EDIT: Secondly, if dodece is a gamer first and foremost, why skip PS4? If PS4 doesn't have this DRM, I WILL say he is not a gamer first and foremost, because it would mean that first and foremost, he will not be supporting a company who supports the customers.

Didn't Sony have that patent for what Burger advertising where you had to shout or move some picture?

I would wait. Sony have been suspicious too. It might just be that they haven't clarified anything because they were waiting on seeing the reaction from the Xbox reveal.

Either way, should be an interesting E3 week eh?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
theprof00 said:
Machiavellian said:
theprof00 said:

Didn't Sony have that patent for what Burger advertising where you had to shout or move some picture?

I would wait. Sony have been suspicious too. It might just be that they haven't clarified anything because they were waiting on seeing the reaction from the Xbox reveal.

Either way, should be an interesting E3 week eh?

Sony patents hundreds of things a year that they never do.

@theprof00

My issues with Sony have nothing to do with digital rights management. I have entirely different issues with them, and frankly they have a issue with me. Let me put it to you this way. You don't know Sony the way I do. This is a company that cyber stalked me using information that I had provided to them as part of a service, and then proceeded to call my house to threaten me. All for the simple reason that I said something they didn't like on a little backwater of a forum. I am also hardly the first person to come face to face with this companies rampant blood lust. Remember a couple years ago when they tried to sue everyone who viewed a webpage. That isn't an anomaly at all. That is really how Sony likes to operate.

Bottom line pull off their thin veneer, and what you find is a vindictive little brat with serious boundary issues. If that weren't enough prior to that I was a victim of premeditated fraud on their part. Bottom line I dislike Sony with just cause. Would you honestly ever do business again with a company that treated you like that. So nope I ain't going anywhere near that company again. There is something most definitely wrong with that one.

So does that answer your question?

I have to agree its the principle of the matter. I cannot believe people are actually trying to defend microsoft on this, the excuse that this has to happen is a really piss poor one, this would only come industry standard if it is foolishly supported by customers.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)