By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - It is official, New Xbox is named "XBOX One"- Pics of back of system and specs!

Well, I think there is no denying that the PS4 is going to be the more stylish of the two, as the Xbox One is on the plain side.

And what's with the name. Poor choice, IMO. They have given Sony, or its fans, a slogan already. "Why begin again when you can evolve? PS4. Gaming evolved."

Around the Network
JEMC said:
dane007 said:
They didn't specify it as ddr 3 . They just said 8gbs of memory.

That's what I've been trying to find.

Have they said which kind of memory does it have? DDR3 or GDDR5?

Nope they haven't. At the reveal they just said 8gb ram. 

VGKing said:
dane007 said:

Because it's a negative. Trust me, its DDR3. If they had GDDR5, they would have shouted it from the rooftops.

You can't based your assumption or opinion as facts without proof. as neither of those are facts as its biased to the individual who said it. Know the difference before posting stuff like that :)

Well, that's it folks. I hereby dub this the most boring console generation ever.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Munkeh111 said:
JEMC said:
dane007 said:

As others have said, they would have specified if it was DDR5

Again theres no proof and ms haven't confirmed. Its not fact till it comes from the horses mouth aka Ms. Till then your specualtion is good as mine but neither of us are more correct then each other because because they are not facts. know the difference.

Around the Network

Still a better name than Xbox Fusion. But how big is that thing? Plus i don't like how there are two tones of black in the design, it looks weird

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Munkeh111 said:
JEMC said:
dane007 said:

Yeah, that's what I thought. But a confirmation would have been nice.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Soriku said:
badgenome said:
4 > 1. Sony won already.

Ah, but you see, MS is going for 1st place. Sony is going for 4th (is that even possible?). MS > Sony.

The name's aight. That's a pretty thick box though.

MS is going for the mainstream audience.. and by that I mean the MAINSTREAM

Yay!!!

thismeintiel said:
Well, I think there is no denying that the PS4 is going to be the more stylish of the two, as the Xbox One is on the plain side.

And what's with the name. Poor choice, IMO. They have given Sony, or its fans, a slogan already. "Why begin again when you can evolve? PS4. Gaming evolved."

HOw is ps4 a better name. teh name ps4 itself shows that sony was lazy to come up with a cool name or are not capable with comign up with a orignal name that can capture audience. Anyone can comd up with name and just change the number with each generation. Thats not innovation lol.

dane007 said:
Munkeh111 said:
JEMC said:
dane007 said:

Again theres no proof and ms haven't confirmed. Its not fact till it comes from the horses mouth aka Ms. Till then your specualtion is good as mine but neither of us are more correct then each other because because they are not facts. know the difference.

Okay, it is very very likely it is DDR3, though not confirmed yet