By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - It is official, New Xbox is named "XBOX One"- Pics of back of system and specs!

Dreadful conference, what the hell.

Around the Network

Controller looks like a nice improvement, box not so much. Looks a bit boring tbh. I've seen cases for HTPCs that look more stylish and they're generally big and chunky.

Soriku said:
badgenome said:
4 > 1. Sony won already.

Ah, but you see, MS is going for 1st place. Sony is going for 4th (is that even possible?). MS > Sony.

The name's aight. That's a pretty thick box though.

The name sucks

mM

Got my sky box already Microsoft, sorry.

dane007 said:
They didn't specify it as ddr 3 . They just said 8gbs of memory.

That's what I've been trying to find.

Have they said which kind of memory does it have? DDR3 or GDDR5?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
dane007 said:

Because it's a negative. Trust me, its DDR3. If they had GDDR5, they would have shouted it from the rooftops.

-Name is horrible. I don't think there will be consumer confusion though so it really doesn't matter.
-Specs weren't mentioned beyond 8GB. This proves the leaked specs as true. Its using DDR3.
-3 OS in 1? Sounds like this will take up a lot of ram. Is the 3GB OS rumor true?
-System itself looks like a set-top box. It's plain, it's boring. Good for stacking though.
-Controller looks great. Rumble on the triggers? Awesome.

JEMC said:
dane007 said:

That's what I've been trying to find.

Have they said which kind of memory does it have? DDR3 or GDDR5?

As others have said, they would have specified if it was DDR5

Judging from these comments I guess I'm the only guy who likes the new Xbox?

The OS's fluidity and voice functions impressed me but i don't game in the main living room, i game in my much smaller bedroom so im just wondering if the Kinect will work in such limited space. I went there looking for games to be honest and didnt see much of it, plus pandering to the Americans too much kinda put me off. Gonna wait until E3 to make my decision though.

Bradford City Fan for life

Recent favourite games: Ni No Kuni, Fifa 13, Batman Arkham City

Best games of all time: Pokemon Red, Dragon Warrior 3, The last of us, Uncharted 2 and 3

3ds friend code add me: 1950-8131-6814

PSN ID: Mr_Vezzo_Khanny - add to start a clan in the last of us mutiplayer