By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN calls the Wii U gamepad a crappy controller in the Microsoft Pre-show

I don't like the controller too but I thing the low Wii U sales generate all these comments... if the sales was high they will say that Nintendo created the bes controller ever.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
I don't like the controller too but I thing the low Wii U sales generate all these comments... if the sales was high they will say that Nintendo created the bes controller ever.

Exactly! I agree with you.

Much like the DS was snubbed in its 1st year, now it's unanimously considered one of the most succesful and market-sensitive portables ever made.

It's just the XBox team on IGN goating the Nintendo fans and getting laughs from the XBox fans. They are covering an XBox event after all. I do think it's unprofessional, but that's the general nature of the gaming industry. For the record, I think the Gamepad is really cool, and a bigger advancement of gameplay than more polygons.

well gametrialers had a dig at the controller somewhat too just then lol. Vut mainly around no games to pay on it lol.

TheLastStarFighter said:
It's just the XBox team on IGN goating the Nintendo fans and getting laughs from the XBox fans. They are covering an XBox event after all. I do think it's unprofessional, but that's the general nature of the gaming industry. For the record, I think the Gamepad is really cool, and a bigger advancement of gameplay than more polygons.

They are just unsecure

IGN shouldn't talk and no one should take them serious anyway after this Gen.
They think CoD is full of innovations...Let them jizz over their screens when they see absolutely nothing new for 60-100$ aka CoD Ghost aka their reason to buy a NextBox.

WiiU is fine - If something is interesting then the gamepad.

Around the Network

I like it, that is all that matters.

Ign are wankers. The controller is really comfortable to hold for a long time. It my not be to everyones tastes but its not "crappy".

IGN is caught up in the hype, that's what happen when something get hype, people tend to think its the best thing ever then forget about it, the next week.

"Xbox is better then PS4 and Wii U, HYPE!!!!"

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

The controller's fine, the only issue I see is that they over emphasize it in their commercials, thus casuing confusion among the casual audience.

I'm totally gonna ignore aswell. The gamepad is an awesome idea for online games.

When you get those MMO's on Xbox and playstation you are gonna wish you had that gamepad. Well, at least the PS4 can use the Vita for it. ^^