By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is winning indie devs hearts enough for winning console war ?

Sony invested a lot in that, and indie devs are a lot into vita despite ridiculous sales.

But still, ridiculous sales.

Do you think indie games can actually sell a system ?

Around the Network

Sure.

They sell systems.

I don't think anyone really bought a 360 because of indie games. I think they bought indie games because of the 360

If they get exclusivity deals, yeah. Indie game fans are pretty dedicated and niche, so they're willing to pay a price premium.

nope.

only price and new original IPs can do the job..like nintendogs for the DS. or Wii Fit for Wii.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:

I don't think anyone really bought a 360 because of indie games. I think they bought indie games because of the 360

Braid sold systems, I think. So it goes both ways.

No, but still a good move as it adds to variety

Wright said:
RenCutypoison said:

Braid is like 1 million sales. Most of them already had a 360. It's not some huge system seller.

And braid is like a super big indie success

RenCutypoison said:
Wright said:
RenCutypoison said:

Braid is like 1 million sales. Most of them already had a 360. It's not some huge system seller.

And braid is like a super big indie success

But it does sell systems. You yourself admit it. So winning indie devs can sell systems.

Not on their own, imo, but combined with bigger titles they can make the difference in choosing to purchase or not.