By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official All About GT6 (E3 Kaz Yamauchi: "immediately go into a race seamlessly without it stopping for loading times")

Tagged games:

I was waiting for this thread!

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Dgc1808 said:
You guys are dicks.

excuse me?  he has reserved his posts... hes done.

he will be creating the content now.

Nobody has messed anything up.

Wow... It was a joke. Noticed that I posted aswell when I made my remark about others performing the same offense.

4 ≈ One

Added "FACTS" section.

3. FACTS

New Game Engine
• Refactoring
• Compact, nimble operation
• Flexible expandability
• A new rendering engine that pushes the limits of the PS3

New Physics Engine
• New suspension and kinematics model
• New tire model
• New aerodynamics model
• Technical partnership with Yokohama Rubber and KW Automotive

1200 Cars, abundant custom parts, and on-going DLC
• From historic cars to the latest racing cars, the game contains a total of 1200 cars.
• Multiple aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars.
• Players can create their own personalized custom car in the game.
• Cars will be continually added online

33 locations, 71 layouts
• 33 Locations and 71 layouts will be provided from day1 (7 more locations and 19 more layouts than GT5)
• More new tracks will continue to be provided online

New Course Maker
• Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers
• A new course generation algorithm

Community/Club/Race Organizer
• Players can form their own communities
• Various community levels from local and domestic to global
• Players themselves can create and manage their own online events

New User Interface
• Balancing directional key operation and touch operation
• Quick response
• Shortening of loading times

Multi Device Compatibility
• PlayStation®
• Smart Phone
• Tablet
• PC

At the same time as the PS3 version of GT6 the “Real Driving Simulator” launches, a mobile version and web application version of GT6, will be created to enjoy Gran Turismo’s massive community space.

Real/Virtual "Edge Effect" Activity
A variety of "Edge Effects", the chemical reactions between the real world and the virtual world for which the Gran Turismo series is famous, are also planned for GT6. Exciting collaborations between various automotive manufacturers and collaborations with brands crossing different industries will be revealed gradually across the next six months.

Confirmed New Premium Cars

• Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale ’11
  • Alpine A110 1600S ’68
  • Audi Sport quattro S1 Rally Car ’86
  • Ferrari Dino 246 GT ’71
  • KTM X-BOW R ’12
  • Light Car Company Rocket ’07
  • Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 ’11
  • Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport
  • Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance ’12

Confirmed New Tracks

• Silverstone

Further Details

• Another “six or so months” to the release of GT6
  • More announcements coming at E3 and Gamescom
  • Dynamic Range will be increased 50x over in GT5
  • New Course Maker alloews for scenery that expands several tens of square kilometers with new course generation algorithm
  • Brands Hatch and "classic GT courses as requested by fans" are in
  • GPS data *feature* will allow to create users tracks, probably with aid of expanded Course Editor functionality

tagged. I hope there's a better damage system than GT5 though.

ethomaz said:

33 locations, 71 layouts
• 33 Locations and 71 layouts will be provided from day1 (7 more locations and 19 more layouts than GT5)
• More new tracks will continue to be provided online

Confirmed New Tracks

• Silverstone

I think they confirmed Mount Panorama too, but they removed it afterwards lol 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57882190&postcount=1288

They were spotted scanning the track last year http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466106

And if you do a search for the sentence mentioning Mt Panorama on google, you get a link to ie.playstation.com/gt6news/‎ still. Wonder why they removed it. 

Around the Network

Added all official released images.

Added

Sarolman's Gematsu Full Resolution Gallery (129)
http://gematsu.com/gallery/gran-turismo-6/may-15-2013/

GTPlanet's Reveal Galerry
http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-revealed-trailer-screenshots-first-details/alpine_a110_01/

Now the things will get better...

Gran Turismo 6: Gameplay Footage and Hands-On Impressions

By participating in the big Gran Turismo 6 reveal at Silverstone, I had the opportunity to be one of the first people in the world outside of Polyphony Digital to get some hands-on time with the game. It was, sadly, all too brief, but it was enough to give me a good idea of what the game’s new physics engine feels like, and to capture some of the first gameplay video footage.

Above, you’ll see a few (admittedly quite slow) laps around Silverstone’s International Circuit in one of GT6‘s new cars, the KTM X-Bow R, along with a brief replay.

So, what does Polyphony Digital’s all-new physics engine feel like? It’s hard to describe, but let’s just say I think it will be hard to go back to Gran Turismo 5 after having experiencing GT6.

With traction control disabled and ABS set to 1 (I didn’t notice SRF was “on”…ugh, sorry!), it felt difficult to be “quick” around the track. However, the car was also easier to control, as if I had a better sense of the level of grip available at each wheel and exactly what the car was doing. It felt good.

When I play an older Gran Turismo game, I notice a kind of “numbness” or “dullness” in the handling characteristics of the cars, after having become accustomed to GT5. Now, I think I will feel the same way about GT5 the next time I play it.

The audio which you hear in the video was recorded via the television’s line-out headphone jack. It’s mono (single channel) sound, and doesn’t quite represent the sound that I could hear through the TV’s speakers. Although it’s not a radical change, I did notice a rougher, more visceral texture in the engine note that was more satisfying than what’s provided in GT5.

Regardless, Polyphony Digital’s work with Yokohama and suspension company KW Automotive has no doubt paid off, and the changes were immediately apparent to me after having spent only a very short time with the new game. Stay tuned for more exclusive GT6 gameplay and menu footage coming over the next several days.

The GT6 Demo will be release in July just in time to use it for the GT Academy 2013... so I will expect some WOW previews about the Demo in two months.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-demo-coming-july-2013/

ethomaz said:

Now the things will get better...

Gran Turismo 6: Gameplay Footage and Hands-On Impressions

By participating in the big Gran Turismo 6 reveal at Silverstone, I had the opportunity to be one of the first people in the world outside of Polyphony Digital to get some hands-on time with the game. It was, sadly, all too brief, but it was enough to give me a good idea of what the game’s new physics engine feels like, and to capture some of the first gameplay video footage.

Above, you’ll see a few (admittedly quite slow) laps around Silverstone’s International Circuit in one of GT6‘s new cars, the KTM X-Bow R, along with a brief replay.

So, what does Polyphony Digital’s all-new physics engine feel like? It’s hard to describe, but let’s just say I think it will be hard to go back to Gran Turismo 5 after having experiencing GT6.

With traction control disabled and ABS set to 1 (I didn’t notice SRF was “on”…ugh, sorry!), it felt difficult to be “quick” around the track. However, the car was also easier to control, as if I had a better sense of the level of grip available at each wheel and exactly what the car was doing. It felt good.

When I play an older Gran Turismo game, I notice a kind of “numbness” or “dullness” in the handling characteristics of the cars, after having become accustomed to GT5. Now, I think I will feel the same way about GT5 the next time I play it.

The audio which you hear in the video was recorded via the television’s line-out headphone jack. It’s mono (single channel) sound, and doesn’t quite represent the sound that I could hear through the TV’s speakers. Although it’s not a radical change, I did notice a rougher, more visceral texture in the engine note that was more satisfying than what’s provided in GT5.

Regardless, Polyphony Digital’s work with Yokohama and suspension company KW Automotive has no doubt paid off, and the changes were immediately apparent to me after having spent only a very short time with the new game. Stay tuned for more exclusive GT6 gameplay and menu footage coming over the next several days.

I seriously can't wait for this.  This will probably be the last ps3 game I buy.  I need to go and play more GT5.