By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official All About GT6 (E3 Kaz Yamauchi: "immediately go into a race seamlessly without it stopping for loading times")

Tagged games:

The news section full updated.

Around the Network

GT Academy 2013 Racer X Competition Details, Public GT6 Demo in Los Angeles, June 11th & 12th

The schedule for the U.S. GT Academy 2013′s “Racer X” wildcard competition has just been released, and it’s going to be bigger and more competitive than ever.

Becoming “Racer X” offers one lucky member of the public a direct ticket to the U.S. GT Academy 2013 National Finals, where they’ll compete to be one of the top 16 finalists who travel to Race Camp and have the chance to become a professional race car driver for Nissan.

Anyone eligible can become “Racer X” – all you have to do is show up in front of the main entrance of the Los Angeles Convention Center, look for the GT Academy outdoor booth, and set a hot lap in a virtual time trial. The booth will be open during the following hours:

• Tuesday, June 11, 2013
    • 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Pacific Time)
  • Wednesday, June 12, 2013:
    • 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Pacific Time)

Special prizes (tickets to E3!) will be awarded to five of the fastest contestants each day, and the overall top four fastest players will compete in a special time trial race on Thursday, June 13, inside E3 at Sony’s booth. The fastest driver will then become “Racer X”.

It is important to note a demo version of Gran Turismo 6 will be used throughout the competition. This will be the first time members of the public get to experience the new game, and offers a special opportunity for any Gran Turismo fan in the Los Angeles, California area that can’t be missed.

Read over the official contest rules for more details and information, and join the discussion with other potential competitors here in our GT Academy forum.

Good luck to all GTPlanet members and readers competing – see you at E3!

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt-academy-2013-racer-x/

New Cars
Nissan DeltaWing ’12
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) ’14
BMW Z4 GT3 ’11
Audi R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) #3 ’12

New Tracks & Locations
Gemasolar (Photomode Location)
Willow Springs Raceway
Matterhorn

New Trailer

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_4937863.html

Around the Network

Kazunori Yamauchi on Gran Turismo 6 and beyond

"We've updated the physics engine, we've updated the rendering engine, we've updated the suspension models. That's all good news for GT5 users, but I think if you try the version on the show floor right now you'll realize that going from the top menu screen you can immediately go into a race seamlessly without it stopping for loading times," Yamauchi explained. "That's something we really worked hard for, so that the UI is smooth and quick. That's something that I think GT5 users will really appreciate."

"Yes, we have things in the works." [laughs] "I think we might be ready to announce more things at gamescom."

"We mentioned it a little bit at the Silverstone announcement a few weeks ago but we want to affect more industries outside of just the game world, and we're setting up a lot of collaborations with a lot of different game companies right now, as we speak," Yamauchi reminded. "I think those are some of the most interesting things coming up for GT6."

Yamauchi responded, "After launch we'll continue to update [GT6] and it will grow as a game. Also, a lot more things are coming for it. Once players have kind of played out the features of Gran Turismo 6 and they're satisfied with the game, that's the point when we'll release the next Gran Turismo."

http://www.destructoid.com/kazunori-yamauchi-on-gran-turismo-6-and-beyond-256119.phtml 

He smiled: "It shouldn't be a very long time." 

No Gamescom news update?

I'm buying this game just for Brands Hatch.