By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Who is the biggest, most talked about Sports star in the world right now?

Who?

Tiger Woods 11 5.91%

Michael Phelps 1 0.54%

Lebron 24 12.90%

Corey Crawford 1 0.54%

Some European Football star 100 53.76%

Tebow 5 2.69%

Other ( post below) 27 14.52%

Danica 2 1.08%

I played Soccer as a kid 9 4.84%

Worlds strongest Man in I... 6 3.23%

Total:186

Well definitely not Tebow that is for sure.

Probably Lebron James. Especially since it is NBA playoffs.  NBA is all over ESPN and Sports Center right now. He has improved his game vastly this year and just recieved MVP and is probably the most complete player in the NBA right now. He still needs to improve his shooting ability, but he has been working on it. I don't really care for Lebron but if he continues to improve he will reach status near Kobe and Michael Jordan.

Although in the last few hours I'd say Carmello Anthony would be the most talked about since the Knicks just got knocked out of the playoffs. Kind of sucks Mello doesn't have a team that is capable of pushing forward seeing as he is probably the most dominant offensive threat in the game. He just needs another efficient scorer on the team. Obviosly J.R. Smith proved to not be the guy. Amare Stoudemire is also doubtful since he plays Powerforward like Mello. They need to get him a good scoring guard.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Busted said:
Um... Andre The Giant? -- you sure Danica Patrick started in F1? actually you have to be a skilled driver to be there...

No idea. Somewhere other than Nascar. Either way she is big.

LOL -- but yeah, like Rol said, u're pretty much considering people who are only relevant(and talked about) in U.S.A.

To answer the question, Cristiano Ronaldo or RIGHT NOW like in -seriously right now- David Beckham. thoug it would have to be ''former'' but that's only valid when 2013/2014 season begins.

Busted said:

LOL -- but yeah, like Rol said, u're pretty much considering people who are only relevant(and talked about) in U.S.A.

To answer the question, Cristiano Ronaldo or RIGHT NOW like in -seriously right now- David Beckham. thoug it would have to be ''former'' but that's only valid when 2013/2014 season begins.

I realised I didn't answer the OP in my post but you did for me. David Beckham easily would be. The retirement news was on T.V here in Australia. News and other crappy shows like Entertainment Tonight.

ironmanDX said:
Busted said:

I realised I didn't answer the OP in my post but you did for me. David Beckham easily would be. The retirement news was on T.V here in Australia. News and other crappy shows like Entertainment Tonight.

Yeah he's been everywhere the last couple of days, and of course i said right now because today(or yesterday for you?) was his last match, a lot to tell... ah the memories

ironmanDX said:

How is NASCAR seen in Europe? In Australia it isn't really looked upon too well. I personally find it boring unless Ambrose is winning.... Even then it's still boring and he's Aussie. For me Formula 1 isthe pinnicle of motor/driving sports.

Well, I can't speak for the whole of the Europe, because preferences differ between countries. In Germany/Austria/Switzerland it's really niche and ranks behind various European motorsport series which aren't all that popular either. Formula 1 is obviously trumping everything else with ease. I don't think that NASCAR will ever pick up over here, because the majority of their races take place in ovals. That's just not what people expect and want when watching motorsports. This probably applies to the rest of Europe as well.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
Busted said:

NASCAR isn't really that huge in America either. I mean it has it's fanbase but it isn't really comparable to NBA, NFL, and MLB.

BenVTrigger said:

No idea

Theyre all overrated anyways. This is where true athletes are. Vitor Belfort just competed tonight and he would CRUSH any of the athletes listed

He a great fighter but hes in a unwinnable weight class as long as Silva is still fighting and he cant go back to light heavyweight because Jon Jones is in his 20s and isnt going anywhere for awhile.... Whats a man to do lol Great fight for the almost 20 year vet in my book though!

As for the question it changes depending on the season.... During the NBA playoffs its more then likey L James but then when NFL starts back up it might move to Peyton Manning or Aaron Rogers depending on whos on a hot streak or playing well. During NASCAR's 500 it may be Dale Jr (idk why!) or Jimmie Johnson. Theres just too many factors but as of right now id guess L James as the Heat cruise to the NBA finals in a weak Eastern Conference (Please Pacers know these guys out!)

JayWood2010 said:

NASCAR isn't really that huge in America either. I mean it has it's fanbase but it isn't really comparable to NBA, NFL, and MLB.

Wow, I don't know why but I was under the impression it was very large over there, or at least growing very rapidly.

ironmanDX said:
JayWood2010 said:

Wow, I don't know why but I was under the impression it was very large over there, or at least growing very rapidly.

From what I've seen it is mostly popular in southern type states.  Your typical american knows pretty much nothing about NASCAR.

JayWood2010 said:
ironmanDX said:
JayWood2010 said:

From what I've seen it is mostly popular in southern type states.  Your typical american knows pretty much nothing about NASCAR.

Actually as far as tv ratings NASCAR is second only to the NFL. Plus it's the largest spectator sport in the US. 

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)