By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Who is the biggest, most talked about Sports star in the world right now?

Who?

Tiger Woods 11 5.91%

Michael Phelps 1 0.54%

Lebron 24 12.90%

Corey Crawford 1 0.54%

Some European Football star 100 53.76%

Tebow 5 2.69%

Other ( post below) 27 14.52%

Danica 2 1.08%

I played Soccer as a kid 9 4.84%

Worlds strongest Man in I... 6 3.23%

Total:186

Um... Andre The Giant? -- you sure Danica Patrick started in F1? actually you have to be a skilled driver to be there...

Around the Network

Only reason lebron james is in the media a lot is because o f stunts liek this:

Crap vs Achilles

No idea

Theyre all overrated anyways. This is where true athletes are. Vitor Belfort just competed tonight and he would CRUSH any of the athletes listed

Mohammad Ali!

Still the biggest star of them all.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

spurgeonryan said:
Busted said:
Um... Andre The Giant? -- you sure Danica Patrick started in F1? actually you have to be a skilled driver to be there...

No idea. Somewhere other than Nascar. Either way she is big.

She was in IndyCar and I believe she was the most searched athlete on google last year but I could be wrong.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
spurgeonryan said:
Busted said:

There has yet to be a female Formula 1 driver. Also, NASCAR is only relevant in the USA.

How is NASCAR seen in Europe? In Australia it isn't really looked upon too well. I personally find it boring unless Ambrose is winning.... Even then it's still boring and he's Aussie. For me Formula 1 isthe pinnicle of motor/driving sports.

Well definitely not Tebow that is for sure.

Probably Lebron James. Especially since it is NBA playoffs.  NBA is all over ESPN and Sports Center right now. He has improved his game vastly this year and just recieved MVP and is probably the most complete player in the NBA right now. He still needs to improve his shooting ability, but he has been working on it. I don't really care for Lebron but if he continues to improve he will reach status near Kobe and Michael Jordan.

Although in the last few hours I'd say Carmello Anthony would be the most talked about since the Knicks just got knocked out of the playoffs. Kind of sucks Mello doesn't have a team that is capable of pushing forward seeing as he is probably the most dominant offensive threat in the game. He just needs another efficient scorer on the team. Obviosly J.R. Smith proved to not be the guy. Amare Stoudemire is also doubtful since he plays Powerforward like Mello. They need to get him a good scoring guard.

spurgeonryan said:
Busted said:

LOL -- but yeah, like Rol said, u're pretty much considering people who are only relevant(and talked about) in U.S.A.

To answer the question, Cristiano Ronaldo or RIGHT NOW like in -seriously right now- David Beckham. thoug it would have to be ''former'' but that's only valid when 2013/2014 season begins.

Busted said:

LOL -- but yeah, like Rol said, u're pretty much considering people who are only relevant(and talked about) in U.S.A.

To answer the question, Cristiano Ronaldo or RIGHT NOW like in -seriously right now- David Beckham. thoug it would have to be ''former'' but that's only valid when 2013/2014 season begins.

I realised I didn't answer the OP in my post but you did for me. David Beckham easily would be. The retirement news was on T.V here in Australia. News and other crappy shows like Entertainment Tonight.

ironmanDX said:
Busted said:

I realised I didn't answer the OP in my post but you did for me. David Beckham easily would be. The retirement news was on T.V here in Australia. News and other crappy shows like Entertainment Tonight.

Yeah he's been everywhere the last couple of days, and of course i said right now because today(or yesterday for you?) was his last match, a lot to tell... ah the memories