By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Who is the biggest, most talked about Sports star in the world right now?

Who?

Tiger Woods 11 5.91%

Michael Phelps 1 0.54%

Lebron 24 12.90%

Corey Crawford 1 0.54%

Some European Football star 100 53.76%

Tebow 5 2.69%

Other ( post below) 27 14.52%

Danica 2 1.08%

I played Soccer as a kid 9 4.84%

Worlds strongest Man in I... 6 3.23%

Total:186

Lebron James is everywhere in the news these days. Housewives are referencing him, Comdians are referencing him, and evern Animal Planet is comparing him to cats.

Then we have Tiger Woods. One Tabloid after another is taken over by this man. It is either Kim Kardashians Big ass or Tiger woods having sex with yet another hooker or marrying a Playboy bunny or something.

Danica Patrick? She started out in Formula 1 racing I believe and has moved on to Nascar where she is hanging with the big boys.

Or is it some international superstar or another American?

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network

Try football, the most popular sport in the world. Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have always been safe bets in recent years.

EDIT: I like the mention of Tim Tebow in the poll.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Um... Andre The Giant? -- you sure Danica Patrick started in F1? actually you have to be a skilled driver to be there...

Busted said:
Um... Andre The Giant? -- you sure Danica Patrick started in F1? actually you have to be a skilled driver to be there...

No idea. Somewhere other than Nascar. Either way she is big.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

spurgeonryan said:
Busted said:

There has yet to be a female Formula 1 driver. Also, NASCAR is only relevant in the USA.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network

Only reason lebron james is in the media a lot is because o f stunts liek this:

Crap vs Achilles

No idea

Theyre all overrated anyways. This is where true athletes are. Vitor Belfort just competed tonight and he would CRUSH any of the athletes listed

Mohammad Ali!

Still the biggest star of them all.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

spurgeonryan said:
Busted said:

She was in IndyCar and I believe she was the most searched athlete on google last year but I could be wrong.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

RolStoppable said:
spurgeonryan said:
Busted said:

There has yet to be a female Formula 1 driver. Also, NASCAR is only relevant in the USA.

How is NASCAR seen in Europe? In Australia it isn't really looked upon too well. I personally find it boring unless Ambrose is winning.... Even then it's still boring and he's Aussie. For me Formula 1 isthe pinnicle of motor/driving sports.