By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Enough about EA, Let's see what Ubisoft has to say

You know what, let's tally up known support for the Wii U and rejection of the Wii U. I'm curious as to the comparison as it stands. The following will have asterisks for publishers and dashes for developers.

At this point, the following appear to be putting major support on the Wii U:

* Sega
* Ubisoft
- Platinum Games

The following appear to be putting support on the Wii U, but whether it's "major support" will likely have to wait until E3:

* Activision
* Warner Bros

The following appear to be rejecting the Wii U based on what we know so far

* EA
* Take Two (Possibly)

Can anyone assert reasons for these to be moved into other lists, or reasons for other publishers or developers to be added to any of the lists?

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
You know what, let's tally up known support for the Wii U and rejection of the Wii U. I'm curious as to the comparison as it stands. The following will have asterisks for publishers and dashes for developers.

At this point, the following appear to be putting major support on the Wii U:

* Sega
* Ubisoft
- Platinum Games

The following appear to be putting support on the Wii U, but whether it's "major support" will likely have to wait until E3:

* Activision
* Warner Bros

The following appear to be rejecting the Wii U based on what we know so far

* EA
* Take Two (Possibly)

Can anyone assert reasons for these to be moved into other lists, or reasons for other publishers or developers to be added to any of the lists?

Here's a list of support vs. no support that I've come up with.

Third parties that have worked on or are working on Wii U: Crytek, Capcom, Ubisoft, TT, WB, Square Enix, Criterion, Atlus, Namco-Bandai, Sega, Platinum, Activision, Climax, Precursor, Tecmo-Koei, 5th Cell, Slightly Mad, and Indies out the ass. Even EA's hand might be forced depending on the details of their exclusivity contract with Disney.

Third parties confirmed to not be giving any support on Wii U: EA, Deep Silver, Insomniac, Epic (mostly by way of UE4 support), CDPR, DICE.

Then we have the vagaries such as Take Two, Konami, Avalanche (have dev kits, waiting for sales), 2k, Zenimax, Level 5, GungHo (Grasshopper Manufacture), any other studios that haven't been confirmed either way.

Feel free to amend as necessary. Pretty much the opposite of "Nintendo has no third party support!" and "Third parties are bailing left and right!", isn't it?

Part of the problem is that a lot of American publishers are greedy arrogant tools....and yes, I am an American and am very ashamed that EA is our largest publisher of video games.

Acevil said:
chapset said:
curl-6 said:
"Positive Nintendo news!"
*Crickets*

This show how much nintendo fans care about third party games, on this site, I guess

Or might show the amount of Nintendo fans who are leaving. 

To go where? Every other community I've seen is far less kind to Nintendo than this one.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.